Internet of Things (IoT). Data Analytics. System Integration. Cyber Security. These are the emerging trends and skills for “Smart Cities”. Are you interested in these technologies?
Singapore is striving to become a “Smart Nation” (http://www.smartnation.sg). Many big, modern cities in this world are heading that direction too. Do you have the knowledge/skills in these areas, to tap on these trends to achieve great success in your career?
“Computer Engineering” is a discipline about the hardware and software aspects of computer science. Computers are unarguably at the heart of any modern, high-tech systems. Devices and systems are becoming smarter because of computers.
Diploma in Computer Engineering (DCPE) will equip you with solid foundation in computer and electronic hardware design, software programming, networking, cyber security, and cloud computing. You will master the skill of integrating various computing technologies to connect, control and automate processes, activities, and also robotics. These skills & knowledge will empower you to be an all-rounded computer engineer.
How is DCPE different from IT courses? Compare the “What You’ll Study” web-page of various courses,and visit the Facebook Page of DCPE (www.facebook.com/dcpe.sp) for the answers!!!
- You can choose to specialise in two specific areas from a wide range of subjects such as Networking, Cyber Security, Cloud Computing, Smart City Technologies, Embedded Systems, and Info-communication Technologies.
- Prepares you for World/Industry Certification Examinations such as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), Oracle Java Developer certifications, which will help enhance your career prospects.
- DCPE is the only hardware-centric Computer Engineering diploma course in Singapore, giving you the unique opportunity to learn and interact with commonly used hardware in the industry. You get the chance to manage and run a fully equipped Cloud centre as part of the course work, giving you the unique learning experience before you start work.
- Generous credit exemptions from local and overseas universities for Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems, Info-Comm Engineering, and Electronic Engineering degree courses.
- You can gain direct entry to the second year of NTU’s Electronic and Electrical Engineering degree, and module-based exemption from NUS, SMU, and SIT courses.
- Excellent overseas exposure in countries like Japan and China via our internship programme.
Partner with Industry Leaders