Singapore Polytechnic, as an educational institution in Singapore, subscribes to the following:
SINGAPORE POLYTECHNIC PRIVACY STATEMENT
||This is a Government Agency website. We adopt the same principles relating to your privacy as other Government of Singapore websites.
||We use "cookies", where a small data file is sent to your browser to store and track information about you when you enter our websites. The cookie is used to track information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, profiles of users and their preferred sites. While this cookie can tell us when you enter our sites and which pages you visit, it cannot read data off your hard disk..
||You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
||If you provide us with personally identifiable data
- We may share necessary data with other Government agencies, so as to serve you in the most efficient and effective way unless such sharing is prohibited by law.
- We will NOT share your personal data with non-Government entities, except where such entities have been authorised to carry out specific Government services.
- For your convenience, we may also display to you data you had previously supplied us or other Government Agencies. This will speed up the transaction and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should the data be out-of-date, please supply us the latest data.
||To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data is secured with appropriate security technologies.
||This site may contain links to non-Government sites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those sites.
||Please contact Singapore Polytechnic’s Quality Service Manager by telephone at (65)6772 1433 or via the Customer Feedback System if you:
- have any enquires or feedback on our data protection policies and procedures,
- need more information on or access to data which you have provided to us in the past.
In addition to the above we would like to state that we understand and respect your need for privacy. We recognise your need for appropriate protection and management of personally identifiable information that you have shared with us.
Generally, you do not have to tell us who you are or reveal any personal information about yourself when you visit our web site. However, when you submit any project information, blog post or comments to the portal, you will be asked to provide us with your name, e-mail address, postal address and possibly other personal information.
We would like to assure you that we do not sell or give away any private information shared with us to any third party. However in competitions such as quizzes, relevant and limited information about the winners (e.g. name and identity number) may be published on the Polytechnic's web site so as to identify winners unambiguously.
Last updated November 2014