A very warm welcome to the School of Mathematics & Science (MS)!
Instruction of mathematics and science has been an integral part of the SP education since its inception in 1954. MS strives to build a strong foundation in mathematics and science in our students to enable them to master their core disciplines so as to meet the needs of industry and life-long learning.
MS prides itself on its team of well-qualified and dedicated lecturers who are passionate about student learning. Our lecturers are practitioners with years of experience within their respective industries grounded upon professional training in Mathematics, Analytics, Sciences, Engineering, Business, or IT.
- core modules in mathematics, statistics, physics, IT and programming for all students in engineering, technology and business courses in SP.
- Polytechnic Foundation Programme (PFP), a through-train programme for N(A) students launched in 2013 by MOE.
- diploma-plus courses and advanced modules in math, science and computing for our full-time students to prepare them for further studies in university or their careers.
- specialist diploma in Statistics and Data Mining and short courses to meet the specialized educational and training needs of working adults.
Some interesting projects that we are currently working on include:
- Mathematical and Scientific Thinking Framework
- Statistical Literacy Project
- Flipped Classroom
- Learning Analytics
I invite you to explore our website and get to know our MS community, where the search for innovative pedagogy to nurture our youth and strengthen their foundation in mathematics and science is fulfilled every day.