Warm Greetings to Principals and Teachers,
We would like to invite YOU to an exclusive session on the stock market. Are you getting good returns for your hard earned money? Singapore Polytechnic is organising a workshop on "Making $ense of the $tock Market" for secondary schools with close ties to SP free-of-charge.
If you have never traded in the stock market but would like to make your money grow - Here's Your Chance! Even if you are a regular stock market investor, this workshop will give some insight on how to manage and enhance your portfolio. Allow our select group of lecturers who are experts in the field of stock trading and stock analysis to provide you with an easy to understand roadmap to stock investment and an actual hands-on trading session. It promises to be a fruitful and fun afternoon.
This workshop is supported by Singapore Exchange, The Business Times, Securities Investors Association (Singapore) and Thomson Reuters.
When: 24 November 2010, 2.00 - 5.00pm
Where: The Hall, Singapore Polytechnic, 500 Dover Road, Singapore 139651
Download -> SP Campus Map (pdf, 468kb) - with directions to the venue.
Part 1 "Fundamentals Of Stock Trading"
- How to get started
- Understanding the stock market page
- Discover the secrets of how to select stocks based on fundamental analysis
- Making sense of bar charts
- An overview of Relative Strength Index (RSI) charts
Part 2 "Managing An Equity Portfolio"
- Factors to consider when constructing a portfolio - return objectives & risk tolerance
- Importance of diversification & ways of diversifying
- Business cycle & sector rotation
- An overview on equity investing styles - growth & value investing
- An overview on market timing & stock screens
Part 3 "Fun With Hands-On Trading"
The workshop is complimentary and it is our way of saying thank-you for all your support. As seats are limited, registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Interested participants can either register online or complete the attached form and fax to 6772-1952. Do register by Saturday 20 November 2010.
Register online -> Making $ense of the $tock Market Online Registration
Making $ense of the $tock Market Registration Form (pdf, 371kb)
If you have any queries, pls contact:
Ms Ruth Jayarani Rajasingam