SP Business School Achievers’ Function
The annual SP Business School Achievers’ Function is to recognise students who have excelled in their studies; or brought honour to the school through their success in external competitions or other activities.
This year’s function was held on 12 February 2011 at the SP Auditorium. The event was graced by the Guest of Honour, SP Business School Director Dr Timothy Chan as well as by many lecturers from the Business School. Family members and friends of the award recipients were also invited to the event.
A total of 158 award winners were invited to receive their accolades. These award winners included those who were:
- awarded the SP Scholarship, a prestigious bond-free award given to those who have excellent academic results, demonstrated strong leadership qualities and diverse talents. The scholarship is worth $2,500 every year and is subject to stringent renewal criteria every academic year. In addition, SP Scholars receive a one-time subsidy of $1,000 for purchase of a notebook computer.
- listed on SP Business School Honour Roll for at least three consecutive semesters. Each semester, students who achieve a high Grade Point Average and are in the top 10% of the cohort are admitted into the SP Business School’s Honour Roll. This category is to recognize students who have been on the Honour Roll for 3 consecutive times over the last 3 semesters. It is a remarkable feat.
- the top students in their respective Diplomas based on their semester average for all modules taken in each academic year.
- granted prestigious external scholarships from sponsors such as Singapore Technologies Telemedia, PAP Community Foundation, CNG, the Goh Foundation, the Lien Foundation, NTUC Fairprice and many more.
- winners of external academic competitions such as the National Management Competition, NTU HR Youth Forum, 7th International Marketing Competition etc.
- winners at sports competitions such as the Poly-ITE Games and national level sports.
- elected Presidents of SP levels CCA groups. CCA is an integral part of our education system to drive home the message that holistic development goes beyond good academic grades. Student Presidents of CCA clubs and societies are elected based on their leadership abilities and willingness to undertake the challenging roles associated with each CCA.
Following the awards presentations, the event proceeded with a sumptuous lunch buffet outside the auditorium. Proud and satisfied faces of the award winners and their families could be seen all around. Pictures and congratulatory hugs were given to cherished lecturers and students alike.
Award recipient Shim De Jac ended the day proclaiming, “Today was definitely the most important event in my life! I am certain that all my hard work and effort paid off and I hope that my achievement will be a motivation to all my friends and students of SP.”
It was a satisfying day to see the outstanding students of SP Business School being recognized for their efforts and to be able to share the occasion with their lecturers, families and friends.
Onward to Achievers’ Function 2012!!
Chairman – 2011 Achievers’ Function Organizing Committee