“Pursuing DTRM at SP helped me to discover my passion for the hospitality industry. I benefitted from the three years in DTRM through the enriching lectures and in-depth tutorial discussions. The highlight of the course was the six-month internship at RWS as a front office agent and housekeeping room attendant. This positive experience helped to kick-start my full-time career at Hotel Michael as a Guest Relations Officer in 2014. DTRM has ignited my passion and nurtured me into a confident and outspoken professional with critical thinking skills which are essential to the hospitality industry.”
DIPLOMA IN TOURISM AND RESORT MANAGEMENT (DTRM - S55)
The DTRM course offers a broad-based business education with specialised training in tourism knowledge and skills as well as Emotional Intelligence (EI). Graduates will have the requisite business skills and tourism knowledge to find employment as executives in resorts, hotels, travel and tour agencies, national tourism organisations, tourist attractions, theme parks, cruise lines, airlines, spa companies, convention and events management companies and other related service-oriented industries.
- Local excursions and industry immersions
- Johor Experiential Learning Trip
- Sea cruise study trip (optional)
- A 22-week work-based learning experience
- A 44-week Hospitality Mid-Management Internship Programme
- Opportunities for overseas internship programmes such as Disney and Mauritius
- DTRM scholarships offered by industry partners Chan Brothers Travel and Fairmont/ Swissotel Hotels
- Leads to advanced placement in universities through articulation agreements with both local and international universities.