“Pursuing DTRM at SP helped me to discover my passion for the hospitality industry. I benefitted from the three years in DTRM through the enriching lectures and in-depth tutorial discussions. The highlight of the course was the six-month internship at RWS as a front office agent and housekeeping room attendant. This positive experience helped to kick-start my full-time career at Hotel Michael as a Guest Relations Officer in 2014. DTRM has ignited my passion and nurtured me into a confident and outspoken professional with critical thinking skills which are essential to the hospitality industry.”
S55 DIPLOMA IN TOURISM AND RESORT MANAGEMENT (DTRM)
The Diploma in Tourism and Resort Management serves as a launching pad for a vibrant career in the service industry. You will gain access to the exciting world of tourism and learn about the intricacies of this industry that celebrates service excellence and going the extra mile for guests.
- Sea cruise management on board a passenger ship in your first year and introduction to Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Overseas Experiential Learning Trip
- A 24-week work-based learning experience
- Opportunities for overseas internship programmes
- DTRM scholarships offered by industry partners Chan Brothers Travel, Fairmont/Swissotel Hotels, and Marina Bay Sands
- Leads to advanced placement in universities through articulation agreements with both local and international universities.