Winning Overseas Experiences
• Disney/UCR Internship: For 22 weeks, the University of California, Riverside, Certificate in Hospitality Management, offered in partnership with Singapore Polytechnic, is a program that blends academic coursework with supervised paid training at the Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando, Florida, leading to a UCR certificate.
• Learning Express (LEX): An Overseas Social Innovation Programme (OSIP) that provides you with the opportunity to experience the world, learn new skills, make meaningful new friendships and rediscover yourselves through out-of-classroom learning.
• Overseas Service Learning (OCS): Embark on a 14 days OCS to Cambodia, Vietnam, Indonesia, and more with GoServe!
Winning Learning Experiences
• You will have the opportunity to gather information from the industry through various diploma organised events. Local excursions and industry immersions such as Hilton Career Fair, tours of local attractions, etc.
• Johor Experiential Learning Trip: A 7D6N out-of-classroom experience focusing on Hotel and Resort Operations and Food and Beverage Management.
• Travel Tourism Business Competition: An annual competition pairing teams from 3 countries (Japan, Korea, Philippines and Singapore) in planning a sustainable travel itinerary in Japan. The winning team will get an all-expense paid trip to Japan following the competition.
Winning Industry Experiences
• You will network with our industry partners at career fairs, industry visits and networking events. In your third year, you will go on a 22-week internship programme. DTRM is also the only diploma to offer selected students a 44-week internship programme, Hospitality Mid-Management Internship Programme (HMMIP).