SP Accountancy graduates have excellent job prospects and many graduates receive several job offers upon graduation. The combination of technical accounting skills with hands-on practical training ensure that our SP Accountancy graduates are work-ready, and able to value add to their organisations.
You can look forward to rewarding and challenging careers in the following areas:
- Business Development
- Systems Analysis
Pathway upon graduation
Opportunities for professional studies
Graduates who wish to further their studies are granted generous exemptions from various professional bodies such as the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).
• The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
SP is offering new pathways for students to get their Chartered Accountant qualifications which is mutually recognised by ISCA and ICAEW.
• PCA (Professional Chartered Accountancy) Course, a tuition program to help PCA students clear ICAEW exams: With the 7 exemptions given, students would clear the remaining ICAEW exams and work in the Big 4 or other firms / corporations (sponsorship is available). Due to the mutual recognition agreement between ISCA and ICAEW, this is the most accelerated pathway to get the Chartered Accountant qualification in 3 years.
• Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business (CFAB) qualification: Whilst still in school, students in Year 2 can take an online test and upon passing, receive this internationally recognised certificate (SP is an ICAEW test centre).
• The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
The ACCA Accelerated Pathway Programme (AAPP) allows our students to embark on the ACCA professional accounting qualification whilst still in school.
• The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
Our Accountancy graduates are granted the most exemptions by CIMA in their professional examinations among the various Polytechnics.
• SAC-NP Advanced Diploma in Accountancy
Graduates may pursue the Advanced Diploma in Accountancy offered under the SkillsFuture Earn and Learn Programme (ELP) to progress to the Singapore QP Professional Programme to attain the Chartered Accountant of Singapore designation.
Many graduates choose to study part-time and to gain working experience in the field concurrently. The international accounting firms offer sponsorship programs for our graduates to pursue their professional accounting qualifications while working.
You can choose to further your studies at reputable local and foreign universities, which grant modular to full year exemptions to our graduates. Besides an accountancy degree, our graduates may also pursue a degree in Economics, Business Administration, Psychology and Information Systems. Many of our graduates are admitted to the local universities (NUS, NTU, SMU and SIT) and credit their success to the strong foundations built in our DAC course.
Click HERE for a list of universities pathways for our SP Accountancy Students.
Visit the Diploma Accreditations page to locate the degree programmes in various countries that recognise SP qualifications for admission related purposes.
SP Accountancy Students at the ICAEW CFAB graduation ceremony