DAC graduates have excellent job prospects and many graduates receive several job offers upon graduation. The versatility from the various concentrations offered and the combination of technical accounting skills with hands-on practical training ensure that our DAC graduates are work-ready, and able to value add to their organisations.
You can look forward to rewarding and challenging careers in the following areas:
- Financial accounting
- Financial analysis
Opportunities for professional studies
Graduates who wish to further their studies are granted partial exemptions from various professional bodies such as the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).
• The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
SP is offering new pathways for students to get their ICAEW qualifications:
• Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business (CFAB) qualification: Whilst still in school, students in Year 2 can take an online test and upon passing, receive this internationally recognised certificate (SP is an ICAEW test centre).
• Full UK Chartered Accountant qualification: After their Diploma in Accountancy, students can pursue the full Chartered Accountant qualification whilst working in the Big 4 or other corporations (sponsorship is available). This is the most accelerated pathway to get the Chartered Accountant qualification.
• The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
The ACCA Accelerated Pathway Programme (AAPP) allows our students to embark on the ACCA professional accounting qualification whilst still in school.
• The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
Our Accountancy graduates are granted the most exemptions by CIMA in their professional examinations among the various Polytechnics.
Many graduates choose to study part-time and to gain working experience in the field concurrently. The international accounting firms offer sponsorship programs for our graduates to pursue their professional accounting qualifications while working.
You can choose to further your studies at reputable local and foreign universities, which grant modular to full year exemptions to our graduates.
Visit the Diploma AccreditationsDiploma Accreditations page to locate the degree programmes in various countries that recognise SP qualifications for admission related purposes.