All graduands attending the graduation ceremony are required to wear the graduation attire, consisting of a simple, one piece robe, without hood, cap or motar board. Graduands can opt to either purchase or rent the graduation attire.
Graduation Attire for SP Graduands
- As shown above, a common design and colour scheme will be adopted for all graduands.
- The graduation attire will be available in a range of sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL and XXL.
- Graduands are advised to follow the guidelines below in order to look smart on your graduation day:
|White shirt/blouse with long sleeves and high collar.
||White shirt with long sleeves, high collar and dark coloured tie. SP tie would be sold at the SPCC (level 2) on the actual graduation day.
|Dark coloured pants/skirt. Skirt should be knee-length or longer.
||Dark coloured trousers/pants. Bermudas, shorts, jeans and casual pants are not allowed.
|Dark coloured court shoes/pumps. Open-toe/strappy/high-heel sandals, slippers, track shoes and sneakers are not allowed.
||Dark coloured shoes with socks. Slippers, sandals and track shoes are not allowed.
|Graduands should have neat hairdo so that the face can be seen clearly during photography.
Graduands should have neat hairdo so that the face can be seen clearly during photography.
|White/beige/cream coloured head scarves for Muslim graduands who wish to wear traditional attire.
||National servicemen are expected to change into the recommended attire as indicated above. SP's graduation attire should not be worn over the army uniform.
- Male graduands are required to wear dark coloured tie.
- SP tie can be purchased at $10 from the following locations:
||BEFORE GRADUATION DAY
||Student Hub @ Moberly
||Mon - Fri: 11am to 10pm
||ON GRADUATION DAY
||Level 2 Foyer, SP Convention Centre
(same level as the linkway leading from the Dover MRT Station)
05 to 06 & 09 to 12 May 2016
||from 8:30am - 9:30am
from 1:00pm - 2:00pm
from 4:30pm - 5:30pm
Collection of Graduation Attire
Serangoon Broadway has been appointed by SP to supply and manage the rental and sale of graduation attire to graduands. All graduands attending the graduation ceremony are required to go to Serangoon Broadway to try on and collect the attire.
Address: Serangoon Broadway, 1365 Serangoon Road, Singapore 328244
Tuesday to Sunday: 10.00am to 9.00pm (Closed on 01 and 02 May 2016)
Graduation Hotline: 6293-3998
Alternatively, please email Serangoon Broadway at [email protected]
- Serangoon Broadway staff will be present to advise you on your sizing.
- Payment for the rental or purchase of the graduation attire has to be made upon collection of the attire.
Appointment for Collection of Graduation Attire
Graduands may order the graduation attire and make an appointment for the graduation attire collection at http://www.serangoonbroadway.com
The collection of graduation attire is from 12 April 2016 to 30 April 2016. Do note that Serangoon Broadway will be closed on 01 and 02 May 2016.
Please follow the steps below to order the graduation attire and make appointment for the collection:
- Go to Serangoon Broadway homepage
- Click on the 'Ordering of Academic Dress' icon on the bottom of the homepage OR the 'Graduand Login' icon on the top-right of the homepage.
- Select your institution logo: Singapore Polytechnic
- Select the graduation ceremony: Singapore Polytechnic Graduation Ceremony 2016
- Login (after which the subsequent steps are self-explanatory)
Please use the following details to login:
Graduands may choose to make an appointment for the academic dress collection immediately after the submission of the academic dress order form OR at any other convenient time by logging in again. Please note that if you have already submitted your academic dress order form online and would like to re-log in to book an appointment or make any changes, please log in using your NRIC/FIN number and mobile number instead of the generic username and password as above.
Graduands who are unable to collect the graduation attire personally, may download and complete the authorisation form, and appoint someone to collect the attire on their behalf.
The authorised person must present the following to collect the graduation attire:
- Duly completed and signed authorisation form
- Graduand's student card or a copy of graduand's student card/NRIC/Passport
- Authorised person's NRIC/Passport
Cost to Rent or Purchase Graduation Attire
Graduands may choose to either purchase or rent the graduation attire directly from Serangoon Broadway (from 12 April to 30 April 2016) at any time during their operating hours.
The charges for the sale and rental of graduation attire are as follows:
|| $45 ($48.15 inclusive of 7% GST)
|Attire + garment bag
|| $55 ($58.85 inclusive of 7% GST)
Rental Fee & Refundable Deposit
|| $22 ($23.54 inclusive of 7% GST)
|| $47 ($48.54 inclusive of 7% GST)
- Payment has to be made directly to Serangoon Broadway when you collect the attire. The payment can be made in cash or by NETS.
- Graduands who opt to rent the graduation attire are advised to keep their Graduation Attire Rental Receipt carefully as it will be needed when you return the attire.
Back to the top
Return of Rented Graduation Attire
- Graduands who wish to rent the graduation attire must return the attire directly to Serangoon Broadway by 22 May 2016 (Sunday).
- For graduands who are unable to return the graduation attire personally, they may authorise someone to return it on their behalf. Such graduands must download the authorisation form, complete it and ask the authorised person to return the attire directly to Serangoon Broadway by 22 May 2016 (Sunday).
- When the graduation attire is returned to Serangoon Broadway, you will be required to produce the Graduation Attire Rental Receipt. Your deposit will be fully refunded if the graduation attire is return in good condition. Your deposit will be forfeited if you do not return the attire by the stipulated deadline, or if the graduation attire is returned damaged.