Aim High with an SP Scholarship
At SP, we are fully committed to providing students with the best possible education in a discipline of their choice. We make sure that students with excellent academic records, leadership qualities and diverse talents are given their due recognition.
The SP Scholarship and SP Engineering Scholarship are merit-based scholarships awarded to high calibre individuals who demonstrate academic excellence, present excellent co-curricular activities records and exhibit outstanding leadership qualities. Up to 30 SP Scholarships and 30 SP Engineering Scholarships are offered annually to deserving young men and women.
With effect from Academic Year 2016, the SP Scholarship and SP Engineering Scholarship will be available to first-year, full-time diploma course students who have done well in their first semester examinations in Singapore Polytechnic.
Students who meet the eligibility criteria will be nominated by their respective Academic School to be considered for the scholarship, after the release of the Year 1 Semester 1 SP examination results. There is no application form for this scholarship. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified to attend the scholarship selection interview in November.
|SP Scholarship and SP Engineering Scholarship
Potential scholarship candidates must:
- Be Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Have strong leadership qualities and potential
- Have no disciplinary records
- Be ranked in the top 5% of their diploma course cohort after their year 1 Semester 1 examinations
- Have good pre-SP academic records
- Have good co-curricular activities records in secondary school/ ITE (or equivalent) and in SP
- e.g. CCA grades A1 or A2 in secondary school; an A grade for ITE graduates
- e.g. at least a BRONZE CCA grade at the end of Year 1 Semester 1 in SP
- Bond-free scholarship of $3000, tenable for the academic year awarded
- Scholarship is renewable every year, subject to excellent academic results, strong CCA records and good conduct
- Participation in the SPOT (Singapore Polytechnic Outstanding Talent) Programme
- Subsidies for enrichment programmes
Terms & Conditions
- The scholarship is tenable for the normal course duration of a 3-year, full-time diploma course.
- Recipients of the scholarship may not concurrently hold any other scholarship, sponsorship or allowance without prior approval from SP.
- The scholarship will be monitored and renewed every year.
- SP Scholars and SP Engineering Scholars are expected to contribute significantly to the community while in SP, and emerge as dynamic leaders who are capable of effecting a positive change to society after they graduate. Scholars are expected to graduate with a Diploma With Merit.
- If a scholar decides to withdraw from the polytechnic and/or terminate the scholarship prematurely, SP reserves the right to impose repayment of all scholarship monies disbursed to the scholar.
Nomination & Shortlisting Process
- Late September - Nomination of students for scholarships. This will be done after the release of the Year 1 Semester 1 examination results.
- October - Only shortlisted candidates will be notified to attend the scholarship selection interview.
- November – Scholarship Selection Interviews will be conducted. The final selection of candidates for scholarships will be done by an Interview Selection Committee. Candidates will be assessed based on the strength of their portfolio and performance in the scholarship selection interview, if shortlisted.
- End November/ Early December - Candidates will be informed of their scholarship interview outcomes. SP reserves the right not to award any scholarship if there are no candidates of sufficient merit. The decision of the selection committee is final. Enquiries or disputes surrounding its decisions will not be entertained.
Ms Regina Lim
Back to the top
Ms Rosmaria Bte Mohamed