Singapore Polytechnic Outstanding Talent (SPOT) Programme
Do you have what it takes to be a mover and shaker? Get SPOT-ed!
The Singapore Polytechnic Outstanding Talent or SPOT programme is a talent development programme designed to shape today's academically bright students into tomorrow's Humanitarians, Communicators, Leaders and Scholars.
All SP Scholars are automatically enrolled into the SPOT programme. Other eligible students will be invited to join SPOT based on their academic results, CCA performance and lecturers' recommendation.
In the SPOT programme, students will experience:
- Specially-designed General Education modules in Year 2
- Opportunities to rub shoulders with political and industrial bigwigs
- Overseas research trips
- A diverse range of seminars and workshops catered to maximise your potential
- Preparation for scholarship and university applications
Experience growth in 4 key areas:
As a leader
- Learn effective strategies of self and team leadership in a unique Leadership Camp in the Riau Islands
- Initiate and execute projects that you are passionate about, and enthuse your peers to join you
- Engage and serve the community
- Listen to and be inspired by SPOT alumni and leaders from all walks of life
- Co-organise high-profile SPOT events at the school and national level
As a communicator
- Fine-tune your speaking, writing and networking skills
- Interact with local and international students and hone your negotiation skills in our Youth Model ASEAN Conference (YMAC)
- Apply to represent SP in prestigious local and overseas conferences and seminars
As a humanitarian
- Develop a greater understanding of service learning and social enterprise in customised workshops
- Acquire skills to plan and execute local community service projects for causes you are passionate about
- Experience authentic learning in overseas community service trips
- Use design thinking skills to practice social innovation for communities in need
As a scholar
- Learn what it takes to create an impressive, well-rounded portfolio
- Prepare yourself for scholarship interviews and psychometric tests
- Network with past scholars and illustrious SPOT alumni
At the end of your SPOT journey, develop a unique portfolio of your SPOT achievements and experiences that will set you apart.
“Being a part of the SPOT family was such a wonderful experience. Working alongside both lecturers and students gave me new perspectives and allowed me to improve as a student, leader and teammate. I've developed patience and leadership skills and made many friends. It's been an amazing journey being in SPOT!"
Lauren Ann Seow | (SPOT Programme Student) | Graduate of Diploma in Applied Drama and Psychology, 2016
“SPOT definitely made my polytechnic journey more enriching and meaningful. Not only are we scholars in SPOT, we are taught to be excellent leaders, humanitarians and communicators. Our exposure in SPOT extends beyond classroom activities. I have enjoyed myself very much in SPOT.”
Chen Jingwen | (SPOT Programme Student) | Graduate of Diploma in Clean Energy, 2016
Getting to know one another at SPOT Orientation
SPOT represents SP at Harvard Model United Nations Conference
SPOT team taking questions at the Pre-University Seminar
SPOT serves the community at Operation Shangri-la
SPOT is managed by the School of Communication, Arts & Social Sciences (CASS).
For further information, do contact:
Mr Kenneth XY Lee
Tel: 6870 8236
Email: [email protected]
Ms Yang Shiao Qi
Tel: 6879 0334
Email: [email protected]