SP students and graduates seized the initiative and received seven out of the 13 inaugural Singapore Power Nithiah Nandan Polytechnic Engineering Scholarships that were given out this year.
Pioneer recipients of the Singapore Power Nithiah Nandan Polytechnic Scholarship.
SP students and graduates clinched seven out of the 13 Singapore Power Nithiah Nandan Polytechnic Engineering Scholarships. They are (from left in photo): Ng Kim Yi (third-year, Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering - DEEE); Ahamad Fareed Bin Noorul Ameen (fresh graduate, DEEE); Kwek Jia Chen (third-year, Diploma in Clean Energy); Alvin Koh Kai Kiat (fresh graduate, DEEE); and Goh Wei Qi (second-year, Diploma in Clean Energy). Not in photo are: Javier Ong (fresh graduate, Diploma in Clean Energy) and Lek Ju Ying, who will take up the Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering after his national service.
These scholars can look forward to Singapore Power’s support in their continuing pursuit of higher qualifications from diploma to degree. Each scholarship is valued at $24,000, and the recipients will pursue a career with Singapore Power upon their completion of studies, under a two-year bond.
The scholarship was named after the late Mr Nithiah Nandan, a former unionist who had contributed much to Singapore’s power sector.
Industrial Training Programmes
Take your first step into the engineering world through a six-week industrial training programme with renowned and well-established companies. Learn the skills you’ll need to succeed in the industry at places such as:
- SMRT Corporation
- Pactera Singapore Pte Ltd – electronic contract manufacturer
- Venture Corporation Ltd – electronic contract manufacturer and original design manufacturer, listed company
- Ecquaria Technology Pte Ltd – E-government contractor and software solutions
- NCS Pte Ltd – data centre operator and IT infrastructure builder
You also get opportunities to go for overseas industrial attachments to experience new cultures and learn from high-profile companies or universities such as:
- All Green Living Centre in Thailand – for DEEE students learning about clean energy technology
- Central Hospital in Changchun, China – for DEEE students taking the Biomedical Engineering option to learn about medical technology