For our graduates entering directly into the workforce, it is definitely heartening to know that chemical engineering is one of the highest paid engineering professions. According to 2011 Employment and Monthly Gross Starting Salary of Polytechnic Graduates survey conducted by the Singapore Ministry of Manpower, our graduates in full-time employment draw a mean monthly starting salary ranging from S$1,900 to S$2,400.
Exciting career opportunities await you when you graduate. Career options include:
- Process engineer/ technician/ technologist
- Health, Safety, Environmental (HSE) officer
- Laboratory technologist
- Quality assurance/ control engineer
- Engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) engineer
- Business development executive
- Sales and marketing engineer
- Logistics and supply chain specialist
- Maintenance specialist/ technician
- Project management engineer
With this SP diploma, you may be granted credit exemptions for some degree programmes. Refer to the Advanced Standing Database for more information.
Each year, more than half of our graduates are successfully accepted into well-established local and overseas universities. Many of our graduates are also offered module exemptions or direct entry into the second or third year of their university degree programmes.
Starting from July 2011, our graduates can also apply for either a 2.5-year degree programme in chemical engineering that is offered by Technical University of Munich (TUM), Germany and Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) or a 2-year degree programme in chemical engineering that is offered by Newcastle University (NU), United Kingdom and SIT.