This course aims to enable candidates to develop an understanding of the basic principles underlying the recording of business transactions, the ability to maintain the books and prepare final accounts for sole traders. This includes the record of receipt and payment of CASH.
- Learn the Book of prime entry such as purchases, sales, return inwards, return outwards and the journal
- Methods of payment and receipt such as cheques, standing orders, credit transfers, direct debits
- Bank reconciliation
- TRADE and cash discounts – essential differences and how these are recorded
- Petty-cash book and the imprest system
- The ledger and its various entries
- The distinction between personal, real and nominal accounts
- Capital expenditure and revenue expenditure
- Fixed and current assets
- Adjusting for Accruals and Prepayments in the Final Accounts
- Depreciation of Fixed Assets
- Provision for bad and doubtful debts
- Opening and closing stock for trading accounting purposes
- Receipts and payment accounts, income and expenditure accounts
- Trading and profit & Loss accounts
- Balance sheet
Anyone who work or wants to work in areas of business that will involve the recording of financial transactions
- The Accounting Equation and The Balance Sheet
- Double-Entry System for Assets, Liabilities and Capital
- Recording Double Entry for Stock
- Double Entry System for Recording Expenses
- Balancing Accounts and Trial Balance
- Trading and Profit And Loss Account- An Introduction
- Balance Sheet
- Final Accounts with Adjustments
- Bank Facilities
- Cash Book
- Petty Cash Imprest System
- Bank Reconciliation Statement
- Capital and Revenue Expenditure
- Final Accounts - Control Accounts
- Final Accounts and Adjustments
- Accounting for Payroll
Minimum Entry Requirements
No minimum entry requirements.
Account access validity period
3 Months from the date of registration
LCCI Examination dates for 2017
6 Mar, 3 Apr, 5 Jun, 3 Jul, 4 Sep, 14 Nov and 4 Dec
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Participants who have completed the full content of the course will be issued a Course Certificate. In addition, those who have successfully passed the examination will be issued with LCCI Certificate in Book-keeping Level 1.
SkillsFuture Credit (SFC)
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture
Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for
course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing
course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 30 days before the course commencement date.
SFC Portal Course Id: CRS-N-0034321 [Only applicable for Bookkeeping 101 (Online)]
Please click here to find out more about SkillsConnect.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pm
c) Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.
3. Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:
Online Courses - [email protected]
All other Courses – [email protected]
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.