What is this course about?
This is an examination for 1st Grade Steam Engineers in Mechanics III.
The exact examination date will be released at least 2 weeks prior to the examination period.
Participants who are attending our Certificate Course are not required to register for this.
Participants working in a plant with boilers and pressure vessels, and wish to obtain the Certificate of Competency in 1st Grade Steam Engineer from Ministry of Manpower (MOM).
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Applicant must fulfil either of the following Tracks:
1. Applicant must have attained Certificate in Competency 2nd Grade Steam Engineer AND
2. Has a local Polytechnic Engineering Diploma or a recognised Engineering Degree by the Singapore Professional Engineers Board at http://app.peb.gov.sg/Html/pe_approved.html
• If yes, please send your transcripts to [email protected] to check for module exemption(s).
• If no, please refer to Track 2 below.
Applicant must have attained the following:
1. Class 1 Boiler Attendant's Certificate of Competency AND
2. Certificate of Competency 2nd Grade Steam Engineer
- The maximum period of time that a candidate may take to achieve a pass in all prescribed 1st Grade Steam Engineer modules/examinations is 5 years. Candidates will have to retake all modules/examinations if this time limit is breached.
- Upon successful completion of all prescribed 1st Grade Steam Engineer modules/examinations, you may apply for the Certificate of Competency 1st Grade Steam Engineer.
- Applicants who registered for 2nd Grade Steam Engineer modules are not allowed to register for 1st Grade Steam Engineer modules, and vice versa.
- Candidates are advised that passing all the relevant SP modules does not automatically entitle them to the award of the Certificate of Competency. The Board (of MOM) may impose additional requirements and conditions, where applicable, for the award of the Certificate of Competency.
- There were preceding instances where company representatives sent in emails to replace an applicant. Please note that we will no longer accede to requests for ‘swapping’ or ‘replacement’ among colleagues.
There is no funding incentives for this examination.
There is no course outline available for this examination.
Mode of Assessment
Scheduled date written examination.
A Certificate of Performance will be issued to every participant who has sat and passed the written examination.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pm
c) Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.
3. Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:
Online Courses - [email protected]
All other Courses – [email protected]
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
- There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
Back to top