With so much fast moving and voluminous data in the market, there is increasing importance placed on the ability to make sense of business data. This is true for companies both big and small. This course will give an appreciation of the importance of data in the current business landscape as well as how we can make use of data to bring our business forward. Hands-on experience using Microsoft Excel will give a flavour of how to deal with data.
This course consists of a 1-day workshop and a half-day seminar where practitioners will be invited to share their insights and experience with the participants.
Through a blend of facilitated learning and immersive activities, you will learn about:
- Introduction to Business Analytics: How is it being used in the industries? What is Big Data?
- Business Analytics Framework. Case studies will be discussed on how companies have put analytics to use through this framework.
- Analytics tools and the importance of Clean Data.
- Applying Analytics to real data and making sense of it. A quick hands on with appropriate software like MS Excel will demonstrate how analytics can be used to successfully plan for future growth in your company.
This course is designed for SME managers and supervisors, small business owners, startup entrepreneurs who wants to develop a broad understanding of business analytics.
Minimum Entry Requirements
Adults proficient in English
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Certificate of Attendance
SkillsFuture Credit (SFC)
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pm
c) Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.
3. Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:
Online Courses - [email protected]
All other Courses – [email protected]
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
- There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.