Upon completing the course, participants will acquire the essential knowledge & core skills in the area of drafting & design. Participants will appreciate the simplistic and yet efficient use of AutoCAD 2016.
- Understanding the AutoCAD workspace and user interface.
- Using drawing, editing, constructing technique and viewing tools.
- Organizing and getting information from drawing objects.
- Inserting reusable symbols (blocks).
- Setting up layers, styles, and templates
- Preparing a layout to be plotted.
- Adding text, hatching, and dimensions.
- 3D viewing techniques and working with User Coordinate system
- Creating and editing 3D solid model
- Rendering the 3D model to enhance its appearance
- Generating 2D drawings from the 3D Model.
Draughtsman, Designer, technician, engineer and those who are keen to learn and apply the basics of 2D and 3D modelling.
1. Getting Started with AutoCAD
a) User Interface
b) Working with Commands
c) Cartesian Workspace – Precision input
d) Opening an Existing Drawing File
e) Viewing/Saving Drawing
2. Organising and creating drawing
a) Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
- What are Layers?
- Layer States, Transparency
- Changing an Object’s Layer
b) Drawing Lines, rectangles, circles, polygons, ellipses
c) Drawing Aids
- Using Running Object Snaps
- Using Object Snap Overrides
- Polar Tracking and Polar Snap
- Object Snap Tracking
- Grid Mode
- Erasing Objects
- Undo and Redo Actions
3. Making Changes in Your Drawing
a) Selecting Objects for Editing
b) Moving, Copying, Rotating & Mirroring Objects
c) Editing with Grips
d) Trimming and Extending Objects
e) Stretching Objects
f) Creating Fillets and Chamfers, Blend
g) Offsetting Objects
h) Creating Arrays of Objects
4. Getting Information from Your Drawing
a) Working with Object Properties
b) Measuring Objects
5. Setting Up a Layout and printing your drawing
a) Printing Concepts
b) Working in Layouts
c) Copying Layouts
d) Creating Layout Viewports
e) Setting view in viewports to control layer display, properties, etc
f) Guidelines for Layouts
g) Printing Layouts
h) Printing from the Model Tab
6. Text and Hatching
a) Working with Annotations
b) Setting up text styles
c) Adding single line and multiline text in a Drawing
d) Edit Multiline Text
e) Formatting Multiline Text
f) Adding Notes with Leaders to Your Drawing
g) Creating and editing hatching
a) What are Blocks?
b) Inserting Blocks
c) Inserting Blocks with DesignCenter
d) Editing and Write Blocks
e) Removing Unused Elements
f) Adding Blocks to Tool Palettes
g) Inserting Blocks with Tool Pallette
h) Creating Blocks with attributes
i) Extracting data from the blocks
1. 10% Discount for SP Alumni
To enjoy this discount you must be a Diploma Graduate from Singapore Polytechnic.
Applicants who make a false declaration to enjoy the discount will be subjected to paying up to the full course fee and/or be legally persecuted.
2. Skills Development Funding (SDF)
Eligible company-sponsored applicants get to enjoy the funding and the SDF application must be made via SkillsConnect 180 days before course commencement date or within 30 days of the course commencement date. Please check http://www.skillsconnect.gov.sg/ for more information.
3. SkillsFuture Credit (SFC)
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
Mode of Assessment
There is no assessment for this course.
Participants are not required to sit for examination at the end of the course. A Certificate of Attendance will be issued to every participant whose attendance is not less than 75%.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pm
c) Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.
3. Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:
Online Courses - [email protected]
All other Courses – [email protected]
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
- There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
For Course Details
Mr Tan Cheng Huat
Tel: 6772 1468
Email: [email protected]