What is this course about?
This course is designed to provide participants with basic electrical installation knowledge in practical design and compliance with statutory requirements in Singapore. The course will be delivered through a combination of lectures and practical sessions.
The course will be useful to personnel from vocations other than electrical and electronic engineering, people who are involved in quality inspection or technical sales and marketing, technical product applications as well as those who wish to upgrade their knowledge and skills.
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Participants are required to be equipped with basic English literacy and possesses knowledge of Ohm’s law and be able to compute resultant of series, parallel resistances.
Participants may wish to bring along scientific calculator for the lessons.
There are no funding incentives for this course.
• Electricity Act as applied to Electrical Installation Work and Electrical Worker
• The general arrangement of voltages used in the Singapore.
• Three phase ac voltages, current and power computation theory and measurement
• The types and characteristics of protective devices used in small electrical installation.
• Electrical single-line diagrams and layout drawings
• Type of cables, cable sizing, colour codes and methods of wiring in small electrical installation.
• Measures used for Protection against electric shock
• Types of earthing systems (TNS, TT) used in Singapore.
• Procedure and methods used in inspection and testing of electrical installation.
Mode of Assessment
Certificate of Attendance
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pm
c) Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.
3. Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:
Online Courses - [email protected]
All other Courses – [email protected]
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
- There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.