What is this course about?
The course aims to train participants in the basic concepts, principles and techniques of personal survival, fire-prevention, fire-fighting, elementary first aid, security awareness and personal safety and social responsibilities on board merchant ships, according to the stipulated STCW2010 requirements. Trainees for these courses should be physically and medically fit for strenuous training activity, including entry into water from a height.
Anyone who wish to wish to work on board a ship.
1) Personal Safety & Social Responsibility
2) Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting
3) Elementary First Aid
4) Personal Survival Techniques
5) Maritime Security Awareness Training
Minimum Entry Requirements
1) 16 Years above and good working knowledge of English.
2) Medically Fit – Medical Fitness Report required by SCDF for the FPFF (Practical) session.
1. MCF Training Grant is available for eligible participants. Please refer to www.mpa.gov.sg/mcf for information.
2. SkillsFuture Credit (SFC) With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 30 days before the course commencement date.
Certificate of Proficiency
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) For E-payment using Visa/Master cards, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 8:00pm
Sat: 8:30am to 12:00pm
c) For Cash payment, you can pay at:
Admin Building, Level 2
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 5:00pm
d) For Cheque payment:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
ATTN: Manager (Short Programmes)
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.
3. Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy via email to [email protected]. For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.