What is this course about?
The Bridging module in Chemistry provides adult learners with the knowledge equivalent to that of Chemistry at GCE “O” level.
Upon successful completion of the Chemistry Bridging Course, candidates will be deemed to have achieved the equivalent of GCE “O” level credit in Chemistry to meet the entry requirement for application to the WSQ Specialist Diploma in Occupational Hygiene (SDOH) or specific modules under the Occupational Hygiene WSQ framework.
Adult learners who intend to apply for admission to the WSQ Specialist Diploma in Occupational Hygiene (SDOH) or specific modules under the Occupational Hygiene WSQ framework, but who lacks:
(a) GCE “O” level credit in Science (Physics & Chemistry) or Chemistry;
(b) Recognised technology / engineering diploma or degree
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Applicants are expected to possess the following:
1. GCE “O” Level Credit in English (C6 or better) or ES WPL (Reading, Speaking, Listening & Writing) Level 6; AND
2. Evidence of having applied to WSQ Specialist Diploma in Occupational Hygiene (SDOH) or specific modules under the Occupational Hygiene WSQ framework at any of the WDA-approved training institutions
1. Periodic Table of Chemicals
2. Separation and Purification of Substances
3. Atomic Structure and Stoichiometry
4. Chemical Reactions
5. Acids, Bases and Salts
7. Organic Chemistry
Participants who achieved 75% attendance will be awarded a Certificate of Participation which may be used to apply for the Written Assessment conducted at Ngee Ann Polytechnic.
Once online registration is completed, please submit the following to PACE via [email protected]. (Kindly indicate your Registration No, Name, and Course Title)
1. Photocopy of NRIC for Singaporeans and PRs, or “Employment”/ “S” Pass for foreign applicants
2. Copies of your academic certificate/result slip/ transcript (GCE ‘O’ Level Certificate, ES-WPL SOA)
3. Evidence from WDA-approved training institutions on acceptance for WSQ SDOH or specific modules under SDOH. (Official Receipt, Letter of acceptance, Email Confirmation)
Note: Applications without ALL the above required supporting documents will be considered incomplete and rejected. Singapore Polytechnic regrets that we will not be able to inform individual applicants of the incomplete documentation.
* PACE Academy course schedules, course trainer, course fees and course availability are subject to change without prior notice.
General Administration PACE
Email: [email protected]
Address: Singapore Polytechnic
500 Dover Road
Block T1A, Level 1, Room T1A12
8.30am – 5.30pm (Mon - Fri)
8.30am – 8.30pm (Mon - Fri)
8.30am –12.30 pm (Sat)
The Office is closed on Sunday and Public Holiday.
Terms and Conditions