This course discusses how IT is used to support healthcare business applications like Patient Registration, Records and Billings, Hospital Management, Clinical Systems, Electronic Health Records and Medical Information. It also discusses the various technologies like RFID and Telemedicine.
Upon completion of this module, participants will learn how to support healthcare processes and exploit IT in patient care. IT practitioners may be invited to speak on current IT trends and issues in the healthcare service industries.
This course is designed for medical, nursing and allied health professionals and hospital administrators and executives who wish to develop and enhance their knowledge of healthcare management and hospital administration.
For non-healthcare professionals who wish to work in the healthcare industry, this course would provide them with a distinct advantage in their career switch. Overall, it benefits those who wish to achieve professional development and contribute to excellence in healthcare.
Minimum Entry Requirements
At least a diploma from a recognized institution and have preferably 2 years of working experience in the healthcare sector.
Applicants who do not meet the above requirements may also apply. It will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
The total curriculum for this course is 30 hours.
Module : Healthcare Informatics
Upon completion of this module, participants should have knowledge and understanding of:
- Recognise the significance of healthcare informatics
- Understand the healthcare processes using IT
- Appreciate the use of application systems in the healthcare industry
- Understand the various technologies involved in supporting healthcare systems
- Relate with the current IT trends and issues in the healthcare service industries
- Future development of IT in healthcare
Mode of Assessment
Participants are required to complete both written assignments and written examination for the programme. The written examination makes up 60% of the results and the written assignments make up the remaining 40%.
Participants shall be awarded the Certificate of Performance in Healthcare Management by PACE Academy, Singapore Polytechnic when they have:
a) Attended at least 90% for each module
b) Passed all required modules
c) Completed all necessary course work and
d) Met all financial and administrative obligations
SkillsFuture Credit (SFC)
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 30 days before the course commencement date.
Mr Tan Hoe Heng, Andy
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pm
c) Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
Cash (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
d) For cash payment, you can pay at:
Admin Building, Level 2
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 5:00pm
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.
3. Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy via email to [email protected] For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
Back to top