Effective negotiation helps to resolve situations where what we want conflicts with what someone else wants. The aim of win-win negotiation is to find a solution that is acceptable to both parties, and leaves both parties feeling that they've won, in some way, after the event.
• Why we negotiate?
• Difference between Trader or Negotiator
• The difference between bartering and negotiating
• 7 basic steps before you negotiate:
• What to avoid when negotiating
• What are currency of negotiations
• Why negotiations impact relationships?
• What is Conflict Resolution
2. Strategies & Tips:
• Negotiating Strategies
• Basic negotiating tips
• Negotiating Tips to Uncover Hidden Agendas
• Knowing Your Bottom Line
• The Art of Persuasion
• 10 Persuasion Techniques
• Learn to communicate effectively
• When to accept an offer
• When to Use Power
• Essential elements in personal negotiating
3. Negotiation on Special Occasions :
• Negotiating with a Stranger
• How to Negotiate Discounts for Paying Early
• How to Negotiate a Salary
• When to Negotiate a Raise
• How to Negotiate a Severance Package
• How to Make Up After a Fight
• Being Right Isn't Winning
• How to negotiate a Divorce Settlement Agreement
The course is designed for anyone whose work involves or interested in negotiation or persuasion regardless of whether they are from the public sector, private sector, voluntary groups or the general public.
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Certificate of Attendance will be issued.
Profile of Trainer
Michael Giam is an international business professional with more than 2 decades of senior management experience working in highly complex and cross-cultural business environments. By focusing on business and market fundamentals as well as human capital development, Michael assisted companies to establish clear and achievable strategic business goals.
Michael has worked for several MNCs including CWT Distribution Limited (Singapore), International Data Corporation (USA), the Millennium & Copthorne International Hotels Group (Singapore), Marriott International (in China) and Melco China Resorts (Holding) Limited.
More about the trainer
1. National Sliver Academy Funding
Participants must be Singaporean aged 50 and above in the year of course commercement.
2. Skills Future Credit (SFC)
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pm
c) Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.
3. Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:
Online Courses - [email protected]
All other Courses – [email protected]
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
- There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
Back to the Top