What is this course about?
EOSSFT covers the revalidation requirements of STCW modules; Personal Survival Technique, Basic Fire Fighting, Advanced Fire Fighting, Proficiency in Survival Craft other than rescue boat.
- To provide students with renewed knowledge of safety aboard merchant ships with revision on survival at sea techniques and to handle survival craft in accordance with STCW Code, Tables A-VI/1-1 and A-VI/2-1.
- To provide students with revised knowledge of shipboard fire prevention, firefighting and use of available firefighting fixed extinguishing systems on board merchant ships in accordance with STCW Code, Tables A-V1/1-2 and A-V1/3.
Anyone who wish to revalidate their Certificate of Competency or for those whose Fire Fighting and Survival certificates are expiring (5 year validity).
Minimum Entry Requirements
Must be currently holding the following STCW 95 certificates
1) Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting (FPFF)
2) Advance Fire Fighting (AFF)
3) Personal Survival Techniques (PST)
4) Prof. in Survival Craft & Rescue Boats other that the Rescue boat (PSCRB)
1. MCF Training Grant is available for eligible participants. Please refer to www.mpa.gov.sg/mcf for information.
2. SkillsFuture Credit (SFC)
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
Certificate of Proficiency (STCW Section A-VI/1, A-VI/2, A-V1/3)
- All applications must be made via Online Registration at pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
- For e-payment using Visa/Master cards, please click on the ‘Make ePayment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
- For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7.30pm
- For Cash payment, you can pay at:
Admin Building, Level 2
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Cheques should be made payable to Singapore Polytechnic. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
ATTN: Manager (CET Programmes)
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
- All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.
- Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy via email to [email protected]. For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
· 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
· Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
· On or after date of commencement - No refund
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.