What is this course about?
To train construction site supervisor on the environmental health control work. The primary aim of the ECO scheme is for the contractors to take a more pro-active role to ensure that construction sites are kept free of environmental health problems.
Supervisory staff in the construction industry.
Course Entry Requirements
Applicants must possess at least one of the following qualifications:
- A degree from the National University of Singapore, the Nanyang Technological University or other universities which is acceptable to the Commissioner; or
- A technical diploma from a local polytechnic with two years of relevant working experience in environmental engineering, pest control estate management, environmental health or other work which is relevant to the work of the ECO; or
- Is a Registered Safety Officer under the "Workplace Safety and Health Act and/or Workplace Safety and Health (Qualifications and Training of Safety Officers) Notification", provided his certificate of registration has not expired or been cancelled.
As the Environmental Control Officer (ECO) course is conducted in English, all applicants are required to have a good working knowledge of the language.
NTUC union members enjoy 50% (unfunded) course fee support for up to $250 each year when you enrol for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Conditions apply.
For more information, please call NTUC Membership hotline at 6213 8008 or email [email protected] Website: http://skillsupgrade.ntuc.org.sg
Skills Development Fund (SDF)
Type of Funding: Training Grant and Absentee Payroll Only
Support level: CAT B, Certifiable (Non-WSQ), External, PME (CF with AP), Eligible for MCES, SME, WTS
For more information, please refer to ECO WDA Funding or http://www.skillsconnect.gov.sg/
SkillsFuture Credit (SFC)
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture
Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for
course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing
course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
- Roles and Responsibilities of ECO
- Environmental Public Health Law
- Vector Control
- Air Pollution Control
- Noise Pollution Control
- Water Pollution and Drainage Control
- Prevention & Control of Infectious Disease and Food Hygiene
- Solid Waste Management
Mode of Assessment
There will be a 2-hour e-Exam (100 multiple choice questions) 2 weeks after the end of the course.
Participants are required to meet the 75% attendance requirement to be able to sit for the examination,
Please note that Deferment of ECO exam is not allowed.
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and whose attendance is not less than 75%
a. Attending and passing ECO course will NOT automatically lead to the successful registration as an ECO with National Environment Agency (NEA),
b. For ECO License registration requirements, please check with NEA: Online feedback form: http://www.nea.gov.sg/corporate-functions/feedback or NEA Contact Centre Hotline: 1800-2255 632
c. For more information on the role of the ECO, click here.
This course is accredited under the Registered Workplace Safety & Health Officers' Continuing Professional Development Programme. Participants will gain 11 SDUs upon completion of the course. Course participants must complete this course with at least 75% attendance rate.
1) Application through online only.
2) Once registration is completed, please email the following documents to PACE via [email protected]
2.1 Copy of NRIC or Employment pass; and
2.2 Copy of degree or Technical diploma from a local polytechnic or a valid RSO pass; and
2.3 Company letter/Resume (To proof the 2 years of relevant working experience); and
3) The Original documents will be required for verification during the enrolment exercise.
4) The successful applicants will be notified via email to come for enrolment and make payment (NETS or cheque)
Confirmed enrolment is based on a first-come, first-served basis, upon full payment of the course fee. Registration does not guarantee enrolment in the course.
Singapore Polytechnic, its governors, officers, agents and employees shall not be liable for any loss, damages and/or injury, including loss of life, which participants of our Courses may suffer arising out of or in connection with our Courses, whether the loss, damage and/or injury was suffered on any of Singapore Polytechnic's premises or at any other venue(s) in connection with our Courses.
For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pm
For Cash payment, you can pay at:
Admin Building, Level 2
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 5:00pm
Cheques should be made payable to Singapore Polytechnic. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
ATTN: Manager (CET Programmes)
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy via email to [email protected] 2 weeks before the course commencement date. For withdrawal less than 2 weeks notice, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
• 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
• Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
• On or after date of commencement - No refund
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
* PACE Academy course schedules, course trainer, course fees and course availability are subject to change without prior notice.
Terms and Conditions
Back to top