What is this course objective?
At the end of the course, participants should be able to understand what an event is and the importance of event management in ensuring the success of the event.
Participants will learn the Art and Science of Events Management. This program will be conducted in a highly interactive environment. In addition to learning the fundamentals of events operations & logistics, participants will gain insights in writing effective event proposals and utilizing promotional techniques to create successful events.
Participants interested in Events Management
Companies sponsoring their staff for this course may claim for Productivity & Innovation Credit (PIC) Funding Scheme under IRAS. PIC Funding is applicable to only company sponsored applicants.
Please visit the web link given below for more information on the PIC Scheme.
SkillsFuture Credit (SFC)
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture
Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for
course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing
course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 30 days before the course commencement date.
1. Understand what an event is and the importance of event management in ensuring the success of the event:
• Importance of Corporate Events Communication
• Various Types of Corporate Events
• Understanding aims and context of an Event
• Client’s Corporate Culture and their Target Audience
• Promotional Techniques
2. Writing the Event Proposal Report
• Aims/Objectives of Event
• Target Audience and Their Interest
• Communication of Corporate Image
• Event Promotion Techniques
3. Planning & Working to a Timeline
• Workflow Calendar
• Actual Day Detailed Schedule
Award of the Singapore Polytechnic Certificate of Attendance for participants whose attendance is not less than 75%. No assessment is needed.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pm
c) Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.
3. Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:
Online Courses - [email protected]
All other Courses – [email protected]
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
- There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.