This course is designed to provide participants with the understanding and learning of the following topics:
- SDH and DWDM networking technologies that integrate the transport network
- Fundamentals of Optical Fiber Fundamentals and Networks
The course shall cover the following:
- Describe on the working principle of SDH; frame structure, overheads, pointer and protection.
- Understand the basic concepts of SDH synchronization and the difference between SDH and SONET.
- Understand the Fiber Optics Transmission and Network; signal propagation, optical power and loss, optical OSNR, chromatic dispersion, polarization mode dispersion and dark fiber.
- Explain how Wavelength Division Multiplexing works. Describe how multiplexing is carried out in DWDM systems. Compare Wavelength Division Multiplexing with Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM)
Practical for SDH and DWDM Technology
- Describe the generation of eye patterns and explain their use.
- Describe the OFDM technique and explain why it is used.
Participant who meet the 75% attendance and passed all the assessments required by the course will be awarded the Singapore Polytechnic‘s Certificate of Performance.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes: Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pm
c) Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
Cash (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
d) For cash payment, you can pay at:
Admin Building, Level 2
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 5:00pm
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.
3. Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy via email to [email protected] For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.