What is this course about?
This course caters to executives, analyst and researchers looking at learning statistics and quantitative data analysis methods in an interactive and easy-to-understand approach. Participants will be exposed to the salient quantitative research tools and techniques where case studies will be highlighted to facilitate learning and understanding of concepts amongst participants.
This course is designed with beginners in mind and assumes no prior knowledge of statistics or quantitative research background. Participants who have an interest in learning and picking up quantitative data analysis methods and concepts will find this course useful and applicable.
Profile of Trainer
Key Credentials of Trainer:
• B.Sc (Statistics and Applied Probability), National University of Singapore (NUS)
• M.Sc (Knowledge Management), Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
• IBM Business Analytics Certified Specialist in IBM SPSS Modeler (Professional) and IBM SPSS Statistics
• SAS Certified Predictive Modeler using SAS Enterprise Miner
• SAS Certified Business Analyst using SAS 9: Regression and Modeling
• Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
• Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA)
• Associate Adult Educator, Adult Educators’ Professionalisation, Institute of Adult Learning (IAL)
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
There is no course pre-requisite for this introductory course.
Introduction to Statistics
- Types of variables and classification
- Descriptive statistics
- Inferential statistics
Introduction to quantitative data analysis
- Overview on quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Univariate analyses and robust estimators
- Quantitative research techniques and tools:
- Chi-square test
- Independent sample T-test
- ANOVA Models
- Bivariate correlation test
- Non parametric tests
- Wilcoxon rank sum test
- Spearman correlation
- Simple and multiple linear regression
*The course will be conducted with computer-aided data analysis software and participants will get a chance to see how analytics are being applied in real-life scenario.
NTUC union members enjoy 50% (unfunded) course fee support for up to $250 each year when you enrol for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Conditions apply.
For more information, please call NTUC Membership hotline at 6213 8008 or email [email protected] Website: http://skillsupgrade.ntuc.org.sg
10% Discount for SP Alumni
To enjoy this discount you must be a Diploma Graduate from Singapore Polytechnic.
Applicants who make a false declaration to enjoy the discount will be subjected to paying up to the full course fee and/or be legally persecuted.
SkillsFuture Credit (SFC)
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
Mode of Assessment
Participants are required to sit for an open book quiz which exemplifies what was taught in this introductory course.
Certificate of Performance awarded by the Singapore Polytechnic.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pm
c) Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.
3. Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:
Online Courses - [email protected]
All other Courses – [email protected]
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
- There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.