To provide participant with a background in the area of planning telecommunication transmission networks using modern radio relay digital microwave radio. The course covers in detail all the important aspects of radio propagation, link budget calculation and implementation concept of microwave radio relay system.
Introduction to Microwaves.
- Describe the characteristics of the microwaves.
- Outline the basic things the microwaves can do.
Transmission Structures and Resonators.
- Understand the working principles of transmission lines & resonators.
- Describe the characteristics of the transmission lines and waveguides.
- Describe the characteristics of the resonators.
- Understand the techniques used in the microwave generation
- Describe the microwave generation by vacuum tubes like Klystrons & TWTs.
- Describe the microwave generation by solid state devices like Gunn Diodes.
Microwave Measurements and Link Planning.
- Comprehend the basics of microwave measurements.
- Outline the methods of detection of microwaves.
- Understand the microwave (parameter affecting propagation, reflection and diffraction, fading and rain attenuation, fresnel zone, modulation (QSPK, 16QAM, Constellation diagram
- Describe the microwave power measurement.
- Determine approach to Link Planning.
- Describe the impedance measurement.
- Describe the frequency measurement.
- Understand link performance and availability considerations
Passive Circuit Components.
- Understand the operations of the microwave passive components.
- Discuss the operation of impedance transformer.
- Describe the working of microwave filters.
- Discuss the operation of directional couplers.
Microwave Integrated Circuits (MICs).
- Understand the working of microwave integrated circuits.
- Discuss the operations of the planar transmission lines.
- Describe the technology of the hybrid MICs.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of MICs.
- Understand the working principles of microwave antennas
- Describe the radiation from an antenna.
- Classify the microwave antennas.
- Discuss the basic antenna concepts from transmitting and receiving points of view.
- Discuss the working of the antennas like horns, parabolic reflector, cassegrain antenna and phased array
- Understand the protection and diversity
Field Survey, Frequency Planning and Interference Analysis
- Understand how to conduct field survey
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Participant who meet the 75% attendance and passed all the assessments required by the course will be awarded the Singapore Polytechnic‘s Certificate of Performance
$1000 (without GST)
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) For E-payment using Visa/Master cards, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 8:00pm
Sat: 8:30am to 12:00pm
c) For Cash payment, you can pay at:
Admin Building, Level 2
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 5:00pm
d) For Cheque payment:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
ATTN: Manager (Short Programmes)
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.
3. Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy via email to [email protected]. For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
• 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
• Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
• On or after date of commencement - No refund
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.