This course is designed to provide participants with the understanding and learning on the following topics:
- Key features of telephony systems
- Transmission medium for telephony applications.
- Overview of WAN technologies
- Technology of Internet Telephony, Mobile telephone network and network synchronization.
- The parameters for PABX and Radio Integration
- Identify the basic elements of a telephone system, and discuss the limitations of telephone signals base on the following areas of concern; Analog vs digital, Voice and data characteristics, frequency spectrum and factors that are affecting signal.
- Describe the difference between a local exchange carrier and an interexchange carrier, and the list the services each offers.
- Describe on the working principle of PABX, numbering plan, routing plan and concept, and subscriber services (DMIF,DF and other features).
- Describe the frame structure of PCM 30 and the important of signaling. State the difference between CAS and CCS. Definition of channel and its bandwidth.
- List the types of leased lines that are available and their basic characteristics.
- Outline the features of ISDN, and distinguish a basic rate interface from a primary rate interface.
- List the basic characteristics of frame relay, such as permanent virtual circuits, committed information rate, and switched virtual circuits.
- Identify the main characteristics of Asynchronous Transfer Mode, including the roles of the virtual path connection and the virtual channel connection, the importance of the classes of service available, and ATM’s advantages and disadvantage.
- Identify the main characteristics of digital subscriber line, and recognize the difference between a symmetric system and an asymmetric system.
- Describe the overview of WAN Technologies which cover the difference multiplexing technique, the circuit and packet switched services and Synchronous Optical Network.
- Outline the features of Internet Telephony, and describe the voice signal flow and link establishment.
- Describe the overview of Mobile Telephony Network and understanding of fundamentals of the different generations of cellular networks.
- Network synchronization requirement and architectures from fixed to mobile communications synchronization networks.
- Parameter for PABX and radio integration: Radio –frequency, Radio frequency propagation and interference, Mobile frequency, Spread frequency spectrum and allocation.
Practical for PABX and Radio Integration Technology
- Describe the operational characteristics of various cable type and its testing considerations.
- Describe several techniques for making noise measurements and code error detection.
Participant who meet the 75% attendance and passed all the assessments required by the course will be awarded the Singapore Polytechnic‘s Certificate of Performance.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
i) Fill up the electronic form.
ii) Once completed, click on the 'Submit' button.
iii) You will receive online acknowledgement that you have successfully submitted the registration.
iv) Singapore Polytechnic will then register and enrol upon payment of the fees.
For clarification, please email us at [email protected]
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes: a) For E-payment using Visa/Master cards, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 8:00pm
Sat: 8:30am to 12:00pm
c) For Cash payment, you can pay at:
Admin Building, Level 2
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 5:00pm
d) For Cheque payment: Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
ATTN: Manager (Short Programmes)
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.
3. Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy via email to [email protected]. For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
• 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
• Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
• On or after date of commencement - No refund
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
Date of course:
12 to 14 December 2016
Registration Closing Date:
28 November 2016
Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
Duration: 3 days
Days: 12 to 14 Dec 2016
Time: 8:30am to 5:30pm
Venue: Singapore Polytechnic
$1000 (before GST)
|HOW TO APPLY
Terms and Conditions