As part of:
The force of Internet Age that probably started in the 1990s has completed its infusion into our business and social lives, making it a new norm to assume its involvement in almost all aspects of life. It is of paramount importance that everyone, young and old, White and Blue collar workers, business owners and employed professionals, continue to understand the empowerment bestowed upon every individuals today and tomorrow. One representation of this new era is the creation of various social media platforms. Come join us, learn and discover the opportunities in the online world. Seize the business opportunity to become a powerful force out there!
The key objectives of this course are as follows:-
1. To equip the targeted group of participants with basic understanding of the functions of various social networking and on-line marketing platforms.
2. To teach learners a structured approach to transforming a personal hobby into a sustainable on-line business.
1. Updates on on-line marketing – the popular on-line platforms among Singaporeans.
2. Social networking platforms : How it transformed lives!
3. Business idea generation
4. Operational factors necessary to sustain a on-line business.
5. On-line business setup practicum
6. After Action Review
Participants who are business owners or starting your own business.
Minimum Entry Requirements
1. National Sliver Academy Funding
Participants must be Singaporean aged 50 and above in the year of course commercement.
2. Skills Future Credit
SkillsFuture Credit (SFC)
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
Certificate of Attendance will be issued.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pm
c) Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.
3. Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:
Online Courses - [email protected]
All other Courses – [email protected]
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
- There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
Back to top