What is this course about?
This competency unit covers the knowledge and application skills on assess building automation systems in intelligent building systems. It includes the validation of methods used in the operation of intelligent building, checking of sensors, controllers and actuators; monitoring of process parameters and performing simple cost-benefit analysis for situations that necessitate change of components.
- Building automation system designers and integrators
- Building automation installers
- Technical Supervisors (Facilities Management)
- Mechanical & electrical engineers and designers
The course will cover the knowledge required to evaluate intelligent building automation systems through a series of class room lectures and practical sessions involving the processes in a group of 2 to 4 participants.
The participants will go through the process of reading, interpreting and extracting information from manufacturers data sheets and documents.
They will also go through the steps involved in evaluating system and producing report for the organisation to review the performance of the system and decide on any upgrades needed.
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Learners are assumed to:
• Have knowledge of electrical installation work
• Have knowledge of SS CP5:1998 Code of Practice for Electrical Installation
• Have basic computer literacy
• Be able to listen to and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 6.
• Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 6, and
• Be able to process numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 6
Course Fee: $1,400.00 ($1,498.00 with GST)
||Amount Payable (With GST)
|Singaporeans and PRs
|Singapore Citizens 40 years old and above
|Workfare Training Support (WTS) letter holders / Singapore Citizens 35 years old and above + earning <$1,900
|Singapore Citizens & PRs from SME company
Participants have to meet minimum 75% attendance and attain competency in the module. If the 75% attendance and/or competency criteria are not met, participants will have to pay the subsidy amount to Singapore Polytechnic.
Please submit latest payslip (only applicable to WTS subsidy applicant) and completed Declaration Form upon successful Enrolment to receive the subsidies.
Skills Development Fund (SDF)
Please note that w.e.f 1 August 2014, SDF Funding has changed from Nett Fee Payment to Full Fee Payment.
Course Fee: $1400.00
Full Course Fee: $1498.00 (incl. GST)
Through the Skills Development Fund (SDF), employers can enjoy grants for staff training though the funding rate may differ for various courses. Employers will need to apply via the SkillsConnect system to obtain training assistance for course fees.
To be eligible for SDF support,
- Companies must be registered or incorporated in Singapore
- Supportable cost components (such as course fees) must be fully sponsored by companies
- Trainees must be employees who are either Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents (SPR)
- Trainees must have achieved at least 75% attendance and have sat for all examinations if the course leads to certification
SDF is not applicable to self-sponsored applicant.
For more information, please call 6883 5885 or email [email protected]
Please click here to find out more about the training grants in SkillsConnect.
Mode of Assessment
Participants will be assessed on their competencies in each module through in-course assessment, practical tests and theory tests.
Upon passing this module, participants will receive Statement of Attainment (SOA) for that module.
Applicants may apply for the course with the available schedule online.
A - Online Registration:
 Fill up the electronic form
 Upon completion please click on the submit button
 You will receive an online acknowledgement email that registration is successful
 Singapore Polytechnic will then enrol you into class upon payment of the fees.
 For clarification, please email us at [email protected]
B - Visit Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy counter at 500 Dover Road, Blk T1A, Level 1, Room T1A12.
Confirmed enrolment is based on a first-come, first-served basis, upon full payment of the course fee. Registration does not guarantee enrolment in the course.
Upon successful registration and course confirmation, participants will receive an email notification. Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy will retain a copy of each document.
Singapore Polytechnic, its governors, officers, agents and employees shall not be liable for any loss, damages and/or injury, including loss of life, which participants of our Courses may suffer arising out of or in connection with our Courses, whether the loss, damage and/or injury was suffered on any of Singapore Polytechnic's premises or at any other venue(s) in connection with our Courses.
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards, please click on the ‘Make ePayment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 8:00pm
Sat: 8:30am to 12:00pm
c) For Cash payment, you can pay at:
Admin Building, Level 2
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 5:00pm
d) Cheques should be made payable to Singapore Polytechnic. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
ATTN: Manager (CET Programmes)
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy via email to [email protected]. For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
· 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
· Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
· On or after date of commencement - No refund
* Unless otherwise stated in the course webpage
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
* PACE Academy course schedules, course trainer, course fees and course availability are subject to change without prior notice.