To enable learners to apply tangential flow filtration knowledge for the operation of tangential flow filtration process equipment based on a set of competency elements:
- Setup tangential flow filter for filtration operation
- Perform integrity testing of tangential flow filtration system
- Perform basic tangential flow filtration operations
- Reinstate tangential flow filtration equipment after operation lifecycle
Minimum Entry Requirement
At least Nitec and above
||Setup tangential flow filter for filtration operation
||Perform integrity testing of tangential flow filtration system
||Perform basic tangential flow filtration operations
||Reinstate tangential flow filtration equipment after operation lifecycle
||Written and Practical assessments
Professionals, Managers, Executives and Technicians (PMETs) who are working or intend to work in a biologics manufacturing industry so that they can acquire competencies to apply tangential flow filtration knowledge at the operational level in their workplaces.
The competencies include applying tangential flow filtration principles for operations in compliance with cGMP requirements as well as troubleshooting tangential flow filtration system common problems.
- Managers At Any Level
- Business Professionals Executives & Staff
- Sales Teams & Supervisors
- Marketing Executives
- Purchasing Staff
- Team Leaders
- P.R, Customer Relationship & Service staff
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
- Basic understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) requirements in the workplace
- Basic knowledge of process piping and fluid flow characteristics
- Basic knowledge of clean-in-place, sanitization and storage operations in a Pharmaceutical or Biologics manufacturing plant
- Basic knowledge of sanitary fittings, connections, handling, installation, pumps, operation and usage of instruments
- Be able to listen, read, speak and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 6
Award / Certification / Accreditation
A participant who meets the 75% attendance and passed all the assessments required by the course will be awarded a Statement of Attainment ‘WSQ Operate Tangential Flow Filtration Process Equipment’.
Course Fee (excl. GST): $2460
SSG funding (70% of course fee): $1722
Nett Course Fee after 70% SSG Funding (inc. GST): $789.66
* Eligibility for SSG Funding:
- Singaporean and PRs (company sponsored or self-sponsored)
- Achieve at least 75% attendance
- Complete and pass all required assessments
- Complete post-training survey conducted between 3 to 6 months after course end.
Participants who have been granted the SSG funding but fail to meet the above requirements would be liable for the subsidised course fee ($2,460.00 + GST).
Documents Required for Registration
Upon completing online registration, please submit the following:
1. Photocopy (back and front) of NRIC for Singaporeans and PRs, or “Employment”/ “S” Pass for foreign applicants.
2. Copies of your academic certificate/result slip/ transcript (eg: GCE ‘N’, ‘O’ Certificate, NITEC, Diploma, Degree, WPLN SOA).
3. Copies of certificates of training in food hygiene or other related areas attended
4. Declaration Form
- All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
- For E-payment using Visa/Master cards, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
- For NETS payment (not applicable for Company Sponsored), you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pm
- For Cash payment (not applicable for Company Sponsored), you can pay at
Admin Building, Level 2
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 5:00pm
- For Cheque payment:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
ATTN: Singapore Polytechnic
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
- All successful applicants will be notified by a letter of confirmation via email.
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy via email to [email protected] For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
General Administration PACE
Email: [email protected]sg
8.30am - 6.00pm (Mon - Thur)
8.30am - 5.30pm (Fri)
8.30am - 8.00pm (Mon - Fri)
(The cut-off time for Nets payment will be at 7:30 pm)
The Office is closed on Sat, Sun and Public Holiday.
Back to the Top