“My three- years as a Diploma in Business Administration (DBA) student with SP Business School was a life-changing experience for me. It provided me with an excellent base and propelled my career to greater heights. The Entrepreneurship option equipped me with critical thinking skills, essential business acumen and motivation to start my own business! Beyond the academics, the SP brand is well regarded globally as Singapore's first polytechnic, and afforded me exposure to international conferences and competitions.”
“DBA encompasses key aspects of business - be it Operations, Marketing or Entrepreneurship, DBA has something for everyone. In our second year of study, we are offered the opportunity to deepen our skills in our area of interest. It was an once-in-a-lifetime unique experience for me, to pursue my dream of being an entrepreneur by setting up my own business.”
If you love challenges, taking action, and crafting innovative campaigns – then choosing Diploma in Business Administration (DBA) could be your first step in realising your ambition.
The DBA course focuses on building a solid foundation of business studies, while developing multi-discipline specialisations to enhance your competitiveness in today’s dynamic business environment. The course is designed to train and equip students with specialised skills and knowledge in three foremost business capabilities:
- Entrepreneurship for those keen to venture out with a business start-up,
- Marketing Management for those keen to thrive in marketing and branding campaigns, and
- Operations Management for those keen to excel in managing and controlling business functions.
With our broad-based business modules and specialised options, the DBA course aims to develop thoughtful leaders, entrepreneurs and industry captains who create value for their organisations and communities.
Why choose DBA @SP Business School?
Set yourself up for a challenging career in business and be ready and able to contribute! DBA is the first and leading business course that embraces both design thinking and business analytics.
As a DBA student, you will benefit by
- gaining a strong foundation in Year 1 that covers all the fundamental building blocks in the key business areas,
- enjoying the flexibility of choosing to specialise in one of three options outlined above, and
- being immersed in real world experiences from working with industry partners on projects and competitions,
- being trained and guided to become tomorrow’s business leaders with the requisite skills and the right mind-sets to effectively handle the complexities of the global business environment.
DBA also promotes holistic learning in our students with our many learning facilities such as our Thinkcubator 1 & 2 and Enterprise Hub which simulate real world business environments and operations. Our curriculum also integrate meaningful community awareness and service learning to further enrich your learning experience and nurture you to becoming caring individuals and thoughtful leaders of tomorrow. We are focused not just on our curriculum but also on our students and our greater community.
We invite you to join us in this exciting journey of business and enterprise. You will go beyond the classrooms and textbooks to complete your development as a confident graduate leader who is work-ready, world-ready and life-ready!
- DBA offers the largest intake in Singapore Polytechnic and we are looking to welcome 200 new freshmen for our diploma in 2016.
- DBA also provides more choices as student chooses his/her preferred option at the end of year 1 - the added flexibility which every student wants.
- Exciting and sought-after options such as Entrepreneurship, Marketing and Operations Management, are offered to deepen students’ knowledge, skills and competencies.
- DBA has a balanced curriculum which provides students with a balance of core academics and technical hands-on specialised modules.
- The course has many opportunities for active and applied learning through industry client projects, competitions, industry visits and integrated projects.
- Its rich curriculum also integrates meaningful community awareness and service learning to enrich students’ learning experience to nurture them to become thoughtful leaders of tomorrow.
- It provides opportunities for global exposure through overseas internship and immersion programmes (China cities such as Suzhou, Chengdu and Chongqing) as well as hands-on authentic learning through running SP Entrepreneurship Living Lab (SPELL) at Changi Airport Terminal 3.
- Its dedicated learning facilities (Thinkcubator 1 & 2 and Enterprise Hub) simulate real world business environments and operations.
- Gain a competitive edge with design thinking skills and know-how infused in your learning.