The Diploma in Perfumery and Cosmetic Science (DPCS) is the only local diploma programme that offers training in the areas of Chemistry, Perfumery and Cosmetic Science. The unique curriculum offered in the diploma enables the DPCS graduate to be one of the pioneer batches of students trained in the areas of Cosmetic Science and Perfumery in Singapore. The DPCS graduate is also well prepared to clinch jobs in industries that are both lucrative and have proven to weather many recession storms. On the other hand, the academic rigour of the course will also enable students to further their studies in local or overseas universities if they so desire.
The curriculum for this course focuses on teaching students the fundamentals of chemistry before they embark on subjects that have strong emphases on applications. Areas of applications such as sensory training for perfumery, fragrance creation, formulations of cosmetic products, cosmetic science as well as the marketing and business aspects in these disciplines will be some topics covered in the curriculum.
The creativity, enthusiasm and interest of students have led to many product innovations. Collaboration with industrial partners has led to the creation of a room scent as well as the successfully commercialised Romance Singapore series of perfumes. All in all, the diploma not only aims to train skilled manpower that caters to the strong demands of the cosmetics and fragrance industries, it also allows students to appreciate applications in the areas of chemistry before they further their studies in universities. If you are one that is interested in the softer sciences, opt for the DPCS at Singapore Polytechnic! Be the envy!
Be captivated by the new Perfumery and Cosmetic Science Centre (PCSC). Specifically designed to incorporate a unique educational pedagogy to complement the learning journey of the DPCS students, the Centre comprises three major physical spaces:
Our Unique Selling Points
- Specialisations in Chemistry, Perfumery and Cosmetic Science.
- State-of-the-art Perfumery and Cosmetic Science Centre.
- Collaborations with our industry partners to commercialise the local student formulations: the Romance Singapore series of perfumes as well as various types of room scents.
- Real and exciting experiences in the making of perfumes and cosmetic products, synthesise fragrance raw materials through organic synthesis and even extract essential oils from plants.
- Internship with perfumers, chemists, product formulators or dermatologists at chemical or cosmetic companies or fragrance and flavour houses.