This is a three-year full-time programme and all core modules are mainly year-long with 100% in-course assessment. The programme's focus is on creativity and its integrated project based studio-oriented learning environment will hone the design and detailing skills of the students.
- Conceptualise creative spatial environments with their individual design abilities and philosophy through the use of varying means of representational techniques e.g. three-dimensional physical models and digital technologies.
- Articulate and present design processes and ideas.
- Integrate design, theory and technology as part of the creative process.
- Develop design with quality detailing
- Communicate and present designs through the use of multimedia technology.
- Manage implementation of projects.
Students are trained in computer-aided documentation and presentation using CADD software throughout the course as well as basic manual drawing and sketching skills in the first year. Students learn theory of design and technology to develop their creative and critical thinking skills in a project. The practice-oriented environment inculcates in them the ability to be independent workers as well as team players in an interior design practice. General elective modules are also incorporated into the programme so that the training is broad-based to ensure that our graduates are versatile for the knowledge-based economy.