Aerospace Electronics are used in modern aircraft such as the Airbus A380, Boeing 787 and fighter jets for flight management, control, instrumentation, communication, navigation and power generation. You will learn how these Electrical and Electronic systems work through theory and practical hands-on lessons.
The broad-based curriculum will equip you with the skills and knowledge to perform a wide spectrum of aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul activities in the aerospace industry as well as to prepare you for further studies with advanced standing in both local and overseas universities.
The course will also give you a head start in gaining the Aircraft Maintenance Engineer license, issued by the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore.
- Three different course tracks to suit your abilities and interests:
- Track 1: A balanced curriculum combining theory and practical
- Track 2: A practical-oriented curriculum focusing on the development of innovative multi-disciplinary projects under the Engineering Academy
- Track 3: A 22-week internship curriculum in leading aerospace companies such as ST Aerospace Systems, Defence Science Organisation, Thales Solution Asia and MAJ Aviation
- An additional option to take the Certificate in Aviation Management will allow you to venture into Airport Operations and Management, a key area for growth in the region.
- Another additional option to take a half-year program in "Airline Pilot's Theory" that gives you a head-start in a career as a pilot.
- 60% of the cohort completed their 6-week Industrial Training Programs, which is partially funded by SP, in established Aerospace organisations and universities in countries such as China and Taiwan.
- A new Aero Hub with 4 aircraft and a full-sized Airbus A320 cockpit for you to learn in a realistic aerospace working environment.
- As the first poly to offer a Diploma in Aerospace Electronics course in 2003, SP has strong industry connections and experienced staff who have worked in the industry, to nurture the largest intake of 160 students per year.
- You may gain direct entry to second year of the Electrical & Electronic Engineering degree course at NTU, granted 1 year of credit units by NUS for the Electrical Engineering degree course or direct entry to third year of “Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Aerospace Systems” or “Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Aeronautical Engineering” from the University of Glasgow (UOG) offered through the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).