- The first Diploma in Aerospace Electronics (DASE) Course to be offered in a Polytechnic
- Aligned to the Singapore Airworthiness Requirements (SAR-66), specified by the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore for licensing of Aircraft Maintenance Engineers
- Graduates are granted advanced standing and ready for further studies in both local and overseas universities
- Graduates aspiring to become Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers will be able to shorten their training period significantly in the Aerospace Industry
Aerospace Electronics – The “Brains” of Modern Commercial and Fighter Jets
- Computer and Electronic Systems are “Brains” of modern flying machines such as A380, Boeing 787, F15 and F16.
- Understanding the operation and working principles of these “Brains” are covered via theory and hands-on practical lessons.
- Train students to be Aerospace Electronic Systems Engineers as well as Aircraft Systems Maintenance Engineers
- Provide a clear advantage to students who aspire to become pilots
2-year “Aerospace Systems” and “Aeronautical Engineering” (Honours) Degree Courses by
- Prestigious scholarships are offered to Graduates of the course
- The Republic of Singapore Air Force officers, twin sisters, Ashleyna (Left) and Angeline Foo (Right) are awarded the “SAF Academic Scholarship” for a four-year direct “Integrated Master Degree of Engineering in Avionics” in University of York, UK.
How has the DASE course benefited you in pursuing for a Private Pilot Licence?
- An eye-opener because I have always wanted to learn how to fly a plane.
- Built a strong foundation in me in the understanding of the operations of aircraft electronics and instrument systems.
- When I am flying with the Singapore Youth Flying Club, this knowledge helps me to understand my aircraft inside out especially in the troubleshooting of instruments and performing emergency procedures.
- Every lesson taught in the DASE modules was like a confident flight - Kitson Wang, DASE graduate 2011, Private Licensed Pilot.
How do DASE students perform in the “Airline Pilot Theory” course?
- DASE students, in general, shown a substantive comprehension of the subject matters especially in the topic of “Instruments”
- Many of these students were able to cope with the rigorous demands of practical basic aircraft handling as they have the desired psycho-motor skills – Captain Chew Ah Leng, Commercial Aircraft Pilot Trainer.
Largest Cohort Size
- Large Cohort size of 170 students
- Many advantages of been trained by a large group of highly qualified staff
- Supported by a broad spectrum of Aerospace Laboratory Equipment and Research & Development facilitiies
Our courses are flexible
- An ability-driven course
- Offers optional Diploma Plus Programme and Advanced Modules to students for additional preparation for work and further studies in university
- Offers a choice of either the “Standard 6 Semesters” or “SP Aero Challenge (SPACe)” programme that focuses on the development of Multi-disciplinary Aerospace Projects such as Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) and Unconventional Flying Machines.
- Offers a choice of either Overseas or Local 6-week Industrial Training Programme to Aerospace company or university
Airline Pilot's Theory
- All students will be offered a concurrent optional half-year course in "Airline Pilot's Theory' conducted by Qualified Commercial Pilot Trainers.
- Provides a comprehensive insight of Navigation General, Navigation Plotting, Flight Planning Instruments, Radio Aids, Meterorology Theory & Meterorology Practical and Simulated Flight Experience.
- Equipped with knowledge for a career in the aviation industry and will be ready to sit for the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore theory examinations for the issue of commercial pilot's licence.
Industrial Attachment Programme
- Attached to local and overseas aerospace companies to gain theoretical and hands-on knowledge on Maintenance of Aircraft Electrical and Electronic Systems.
- Overseas Program Financial Award will be granted to all students for Overseas Industrial Attachment Programme.
Students undergoing practical training
Overseas Industrial Attachment programme
See also other Diploma courses offered by the School of EEE.