The Diploma in Energy Systems and Management (DESM) provides you with a wide spectrum of knowledge and technical skills in energy systems and management. There is a strong focus on managing the common types of energy systems found in the industry - solar, oil and gas. You will also be equipped with solid technical knowledge and good practical skills in three important areas: electrical power system, clean energy and energy efficiency & management.
- The course is recognised by the Energy Market Authority(EMA) and graduates are eligible to apply for a “Professional Electrical License” which will boost their standing and qualifications in the industry
- Work and learn using various on-campus energy systems (solar and wind) that SP is researching with governmental agencies and industry partners
- Overseas industrial training programmes in Australia, Germany, Thailand, China and Japan
- DESM is the most established energy-related diploma in Singapore and SP has been working closely with the government on test-bedding green energy systems such as solar & wind in Singapore.
- You can get direct entry to year 2 of NTU’s Electrical & Electronic Engineering course or a one year exemption of relevant modules from NUS’ Electrical Engineering course. Exemptions with other local and foreign universities are available too.