The School of Architecture & the Built Environment, as an educational establishment in providing quality education and training of technologists for the built environment, recognizes its responsibility towards the society by implementing and maintaining an effective environmental, occupational health and safety management system.
We are committed to:
- Build a better environment by preventing pollution and maintaining safe working environment
- Utilise appropriate techniques to promote safety and health practices and environmental activities which reduce, reuse and recycle materials as well as improve energy efficiency
- Implement programmes to achieve continual improvement in our EHS management system
- Lead the school to comply with applicable legislation and subscribe to other requirements
- Train staff and students to be conscious of EHS and also committed to communicate with interested parties on EHS matters