|INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION TECHNOLOGY CENTRE|
|Network Control Applications|
Students will learn
1. Up-to-date skills required to design a control system over IP (Internet Protocol) by using various automation and instrumentation technologies including, WLAN, Ethernet, routing, switching and PLC device control.
2. To understand and integrate control devices on a computer network and present a network control application using various technologies.
3. the basic sequence of instructions available in the ABB programmable(PLC) and use ladder diagram and sequential function chart to do programming.
|Distributed Process System (DCS)|
Students will learn the concepts of DCS architecture, process Instruments, implementation and operation.
|Industrial Automation/Systems & Control|
Students will learn:
1. the principles of automatic control techniques as applied to industrial process/plant control systems.
2. the various field level communication technology that are used in the factory and process automation industry.
3. the knowledge to connect instruments and field devices in a manufacturing plant to the controller using internationally recognised communication standard such as HART, Foundation Fieldbus and PROFIBUS.
Students will learn the basic sequence of instructions available in the programmable logic controller (PLC). Students use ladder diagram and sequential function chart to do programming to achieve the desired results.
|Photonics & Laser Technology|
Students will enhance their knowledge on the LED and laser diode characteristics and understanding of the nature of light and its properties.
|Sensors & Instrumentation|
Students will learn the various sensors such as thermocouple temperature, differential pressure transmitter and analyse the loading error in voltmeter. Students will also design a labview based virtual instrument and acquire analog signal data from external devices.
|Rail Control Technology|
Students will learn about electrical control systems in rapid transit application, and also to learn about Signalling in rapid transit technology. Students will also learn PLC, HMI and signalling, and integrate their knowledge to design a simulated train station with signalling system.
Students will learn the basic Introduction to Wireless Networks & Instruments, RF Fundamentals, Industry Standards 1 & 2 and
Network Management (TO verify with FM!!!)
Students will learn the applications of Industry 4.0