Rising operating and energy costs, manpower constraints and growing service expectations are issues that facility management (FM) faces. Smart FM applies Artificial Intelligence (AI) to IoT technology to develop a Level 3 Smart FM system,
optimising resource deployment and utilisation across systems or buildings.
This project’s smart FM system optimises an organisation’s energy usage and monitors office air quality to provide a healthy environment. The EEE office was used as a test bed.
The developed system has the following features:
- Live power data (voltage, frequency, current, power consumption, and accumulated energy) which is captured using developed portable MSG and automatically sent to a cloud (DECADA)
- A flexible dashboard to present the live power data in DECADA
- Power consumption prediction ability with machine learning (ML) and real-time alert generation through AI
- Bluetooth LE and/or WIFI transmission of data captured by environmental sensors
- Visualisation of environmental data in DECADA
- Monitoring of environmental data to pre-empt “Sick Building Syndrome”
- A Wearable Device for the staff to indicate their current well-being by monitoring, in real-time, their oxygen level, temperature and heart rate
- A 3-in-1 universal scanner for capturing facility and vendors’ information through barcode, QRcode, and IC or work pass for facility management.