- Started off as Mathematics and Science Division, responsible for all instruction in Mathematics and Engineering Sciences.
- The advisory committee on Environmental Engineering was formed at the initiative of the Division.
- A new subject ‘Environmental Engineering’ was initiated for all second year full-time technician courses in engineering.
- The Division, in association with the Anti-Pollution Unit and the Ministry of the Environment, conducted an extra-mural course on Environmental Control.
- The Division also conducted two extra-mural courses on Energy Conservation in Buildings, in conjunction with PUB.
- The Division is renamed Mathematics and Science Department (MS).
- Computing was introduced to all students.
- 12 microcomputer laboratories were set up to support the teaching of Computer Programming.
- Streamed incoming students based on their ‘O’ Level Mathematics background.
- Offered basic mathematics modules to those without additional mathematics.
- Launched Preparatory Mathematics Programme for students without GCE ‘O’ Level Additional Mathematics.
- Launched Certificate in Engineering Mathematics (CEM) which prepared our graduates for further studies in engineering and technology.
- MS leads the project to implement SP first computerised time-tabling system.
- Preparatory Mathematics Programme was revamped to become an online programme.
- Launched the Specialist Diploma in Statistics and Information Management.
- SP offered General Elective Modules (GEM) to all students. MS administered the scheme.
- Diploma-plus scheme started in SP.
- CEM and a new Certificate in Software Programming & Applications are offered under this scheme.
- Specialist Diploma in Statistics and Information Management revamped and course renamed as Specialist Diploma in Statistics and Data Mining.
- SP offered Advanced Elective Modules (AEM) to secondary students in support of MOE effort to enrich secondary education. MS administered the programme.
- Dip-plus CEM was revamped into two tracks: Dip-plus Certificate in Engineering Mathematics & Science and Dip-plus Certificate in Mathematics for Engineering to meet the different needs of students progressing to different courses of studies.
- Dip-plus Certificate in Business Mathematics and Economics offered for business and management students. Dip-plus Certificate in Mathematics offered for digital media and IT students.
- Launched MS Learning Space to foster interaction and bonding among staff (full-time and adjunct).
- Mathematics and Science Department is renamed School of Mathematics and Science.
- MS offered short courses on Preparatory Mathematics for University (PMU) and Preparatory Physics for University (PPU) to prepare students for University studies.
- MS offered modules on Advanced Mathematics and Physics to Engineering students.
- SP offers Polytechnic Foundation Programme (PFP) to Sec 4 N(A) students in support of MOE effort to provide another pathway for progression for secondary school students. MS chairs the programme. To support PFP, 2 Physics laboratories, 1 Learning studio and 1 Chemistry/Biology laboratory were set up.
- Rolled out Predict-Observe-Explain (POE) teaching strategy in PFP Physics module.
- MS becomes one of the first schools to pilot the Flipped Classroom pedagogy on its Engineering Math II module.
- Piloted the use of Learning Analytics Networked Tutoring System (LearningANTS) in Bridging Mathematics 1.
- Rolled out Statistical Literacy Project (SLP) in Statistics modules.
- The newly developed Mathematical and Scientific Thinking Framework (MSTF) was used to redesign curriculum materials for a math module. It has since been used to evaluate and design other modules.
- Data Science & Analytics Centre (DSAC) is established on 15 November 2017.
- MS sets up its first Advisory Committee consisting of academic and industry partners.