Duration: 8 weeks, Mon to Fri (2 months)
Venue: Singapore Polytechnic
Time: 8:30am to 5:30pm
Mode of Training: Classroom, Lab Work
Course Dates: TBA
The SkillsFuture Work-Study Certificate for Engineer 4.0 is a new work-study programme that will equip fresh graduates and mid-career individuals with the relevant job-role specific behavioural, mind-set and technical skills in sectors with acute demand. It is a three-year pilot programme, developed in partnership between SSG, the five polytechnics, ITE and Generation, a global non-profit organisation founded by McKinsey & Company. It develops and implements short, focused bootcamps that allow young people to work and learn in jobs, resulting in 30,000 job placements across 26 professions in 12 countries to date.
The SkillsFuture Work-Study Certificate for Engineer 4.0 is an 8-week full-time training that helps job-seekers land jobs in process-engineering related roles.
You will be trained through a unique curriculum that integrates real industry scenarios with hands-on projects and case studies. SkillsFuture Work-Study Certificate for Engineer 4.0 is aimed to equip individuals with practical and interpersonal skills that complement the domain knowledge gained in engineering diploma or degree. The curriculum corresponds with the demands of the industry which include design, development, integration and improvement of industrial production processes, including product design refinements, productivity and quality improvement, cost analysis and production coordination. It also includes providing technical guidance to other personnel and supervising production personnel in the team.
Leading Engineering companies will be invited for networking and interviewing graduates from the training to ensure every graduate has a minimum of 2-3 interviews. Companies such as Micron, Univac Precision Engineering Pte Ltd, O.E. Manufacturing Pte Ltd, Jabil, Flexspeed Technology Pte Ltd are potential employers.
After the training, graduates will be ready to take on challenges that are demanded by the fast-changing engineering industry.
1. Practical skills: Agile project management, User-centric design, Process optimization (Lean), Root cause analysis, Cost-benefit analysis, and Industry 4.0 technologies
2. Interpersonal skills: Cross-culture & cross-nationality communication, stakeholder management, negotiation and conflict resolution
3. Employment essentials: Resume preparation and refinements, interview practice, and mentorship
4. Behaviours & Mindsets: Adaptability, teamwork, future orientation, persistence, personal responsibility, and growth mindset.
Current job seekers who are graduates in engineering from University and/or Polytechnic. For those who are seeking to develop practical problem-solving skills and interpersonal skills that will effectively complement their education. The programme would play a pivotal role to future-proof your engineering career.
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
- A Singapore Citizen or Singapore PR (18 years old and above)
- Hold an engineering degree from a University or a Polytechnic diploma
- Committed to a full-time 8-week training and ready to take up a full-time job upon graduation
- Knowledge of the basics of Computer-Aided Design (CAD) using Solidworks
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Certification from Singapore Polytechnic and Generation
• 70% sponsored by SSG
• 30% sponsored by hiring company
Eligibility for Funding Support:
• Singaporean / Singapore PRs
• Achieve at least 85% attendance
• Complete and pass all required assessments
• Complete post-training survey conducted between 3 to 6 months after course end.