As announced by Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam in the 2015 Budget Statement, the concessionary Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW) levy rate will be reduced from $120 to $60. There is no change in the qualifying criteria. For more details on the concessionary FDW levy rate change, please refer to the FAQs issued by the Ministry of Manpower.
The access period is until 31 Dec 2019
Mode of Training:
What is this course about?
 To provide Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW) employers with an understanding of their role and responsibilities To equip participants with basic knowledge and skills to develop and sustain a happy and productive working relationship with their FDWs
 To provide a basic understanding of legal issues and guidelines related to employment of FDWs
 The Employers’ Orientation Programme (EOP) is a mandatory training programme for all first-time employers who wish to employ a foreign domestic worker (FDW).
It is offered as an online course, and a lecture-based course. Participants can choose to attend either one, to obtain the certificate.Employers who are applying for their fifth FDW within a 12-month period must attend the Classroom EOP. Do not register for Online EOP.
All NEW Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW) Employers wef 1 April 2004. The info given by the participants in the registration form must be consistent with that given in the Work Permit Application form that they submit to MOM.
Online E-learning course To be eligible for the course, participants must:
- 21 years old and above.
- Own a valid SingPass* account.
By default, your SingPass ID is your NRIC or FIN.
For Personalised Employment/Employment/Dependant/S-Pass & Work Permit holders, your SingPass ID is your Foreign Identification Number (FIN) e.g. F1234567X or G1234567Z.
- Own a valid email address (Notification emails will be sent to this email address).
- Provide a valid Passport number in the registration.
Please note : For Singapore Citizens & Permanent Residents, provision of passport number is non-mandatory. For Personalised Employment/Employment/Dependant/S-Pass & Work Permit holders, provision of passport number is mandatory.
*SingPass is a common password that allows the user to transact with different Government agencies online. Please visit the SingPass website at www.singpass.gov.sg
for more information on SingPass and how to apply for one.
- Have a computer installed with Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 and above.
- Ensure that the Internet browser used is Internet Explorer 7 and above.
- Own a computer with screen resolution 1024 X 768 pixels and speakers.
- Have internet connection of 512/kbps and Pop-Up Blocker must be disabled.
- Have a printer if they wish to print the e-certificate.
- Ensure that the computer used is loaded with latest Flash Plugin and Java Plugin (For E-Payment).
To install or update the latest Flash Plugin, please visit https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
To install or update the latest Java Plugin, please visit https://www.java.com/en/
If you are a MacOS user, you may experience difficulty with the e-payment and/or accessing the course.
Lecture-Based Course (Classroom FDW-EOP)
- The course duration is 3 hours.
- Please bring with you to the class of your Identification Documents (NRIC or FIN and PASSPORT) for verification purposes.
- For FREQUENT CHANGE EMPLOYERS, please bring along the letter from Ministry of Manpower for endorsement by the Course Trainer and notify PACE counter staff during attendance taking.
- For those who are late by 15 minutes, they will not be allowed to attend the Course.
- Only registered participants are allowed into the classroom.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
There are no minimum requirements for this course.
- What it means to be a FDW employer
- Responsibilities of a FDW employer
- Understanding your FDW
- Providing a safe work environment
- Fostering a Good and Harmonious Working Relationship with your FDW
Mode of Assessment
For Online E-Learning Course - Short Quiz
For Lecture-Based Course (Classroom FDW-EOP) – Short Evaluation
Certification to Award / Certification / Accreditation
For Online E-Learning Course
Participants will be able to download and save their E-Certificate immediately upon completion of course. Please proceed with your FDW application with the Ministry of Manpower after 2 working days from the date of completing the course.
For Lecture-Based Course (Classroom FDW-EOP)
Participants will receive an E-Certificate via email immediately at the end of the course. Please proceed with your FDW application with the Ministry of Manpower after 2 working days from the date of completing the course.
Frequently Asked Questions
For Online E-Learning Course Q: Can I stop the course halfway and complete at a later time?
A: Yes, you can stop the course halfway and complete at a later time. Please login again with your Singpass to continue with the course.
Q: How long am I given to complete the course? A: You are given until 31 Dec 2019 from the date of account creation to complete the course.
Q: Do I need to save the certificate upon completion? A: Yes. You need to save the certificate upon completion of the course as your account will be disabled the following day.
Q: After obtaining the Certificate, when should I proceed to Ministry of Manpower to submit my application for a FDW? A: You may proceed with your FDW application with the Ministry of Manpower after 2 working days from the date of completing the course.
 For e-Payment, please ENABLE Pop-Ups. You may CLICK HERE for instructions.
 For Internet Explorer (IE) 10 users, please enable Compatibility View to proceed with Course Application. You may CLICK HERE for instructions.
Online E-Learning: S$46
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy via email to email@example.com
. For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:Classroom
2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
On or after date of commencement - No refundE-Learning
There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course
The information given in the online registration must be consistent with that given in the Work Permit Application Form that is submitted to Ministry of Manpower (MOM).
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS
(Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment
, you can pay at:
Singapore PolytechnicPACE Academy
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.
Click here if you have already made an application to the Online E-Learning Course and would like to continue with e-payment.You will need to provide your Registration Reference ID.
Sign up here for MOM INFOCUS, an online publication for employers of foreign domestic workers
Online FDW-EOPImportant points to take note
1. Participants are required to complete the course by 31 Dec 2019 from the date of notification. Availability of the account will be terminated the following day upon completion of course.
2. Once Participant registers and makes payment, he/she will receive the course notification email within 1 working day. Singapore Polytechnic operates from Monday to Friday. If participant register and made payment on a Friday, he/she will receive the notification email on the following Monday by 7pm.
Singapore Polytechnic, its governors, officers, agents and employees shall not be liable for any loss, damages and/or injury, including loss of life, which participants of our Courses may suffer arising out of or in connection with our Courses, whether the loss, damage and/or injury was suffered on any of Singapore Polytechnic's premises or at any other venue(s) in connection with our Courses.Lecture-Based Course (Classroom FDW-EOP)