The access period for the course is 3 months, starting from the date of registration.
Mode of Training:
This course aims to develop good personal money management skills and to avoid the debt trap.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Learn how to set S.M.A.R.T. financial goals and work out how to reach each goal.
- Learn how to develop a budget to track your spending and build savings.
- Understand how compounding can impact the growth of your savings.
- Learn how to build a plan to meet your financial needs and goals.
- Assess your financial situation using financial calculators and ratios.
- Manage your resources and implement your financial plan to reach your financial goals.
- Learn how to assess if you are borrowing too much and saving too little.
- Find out about the common types of loans and the associated costs.
- Learn to manage your borrowings and to resolve debt issues.
This course is made up of four parts:
1. Making Sense Of Your Money – What are financial goals? Setting of financial goals. Preparing a Budget. Assessing your expenses. Typical spending patterns. Effects of compounding interest. How to stretch your dollar and spend wisely.
2. Financial Planning Begins Now – Setting financial goals. Assessing your financial situation. Discovering your financial fitness. What are your financial plans? Considerations when implementing your financial plan. Engaging a financial adviser. Monitoring and reviewing your financial plan.
3. Understanding Loans – What are the various types of loans? Comparison of the types of loan, their purpose, features and cost of borrowing.
4. Managing Debt - How much debt can you afford? How can we avoid debt? Options you can take when you are in debt. Common debt collection process. Bankruptcy as the last resort.
Anyone who wants to learn useful skills related to Money Management & Financial Planning
Minimum Entry Requirements
No minimum entry requirement planning
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who have completed the course
S$20.00 + S$1.40 (GST) = S$21.40 (inclusive GST)
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:Online Courses
- firstname.lastname@example.orgAll other Courses
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:Classroom
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
- There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 6:30pm
c) Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.