The Singapore Polytechnic, School of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering is pleased to introduce our new Specialist Diploma in Air-Conditioning & Energy Sustainability. This course aims to help working personnel in the areas of Air-Conditioning
and Mechanical Ventilation (ACMV) systems, building facility management, mechanical services and energy sustainability to upgrade their knowledge and skills to be aligned with latest industrial needs. This part-time evening course can be completed
in one year.
The followings are the objectives of the course:
• To provide a comprehensive course that caters to the needs of applicants who are seeking to attain the relevant knowledge and skills in energy management and sustainability for ACMV facility.
• To support growing demand for skills and
knowledge for ACMV system designs for built environment industry.
• To facilitate students with energy modelling skills by using latest Integrated Environmental Solutions (Virtual Environment) or (IES VE) software which is one of the
main software tools industry is using for energy modelling for buildings.
• To equip students with skills and knowledge on Integrated Building Management System to comprehend and achieve automatic and efficient control of the ACMV facilities.
• To equip students with the industry relevant knowledge and skills of Green Mark for energy efficiency and sustainability building facilities.
• ACMV system designers/technical executives/assistant engineers from building services consultancy firms
• Facility officers/engineers/managers for buildings and cleanroom facilities
• Project co-ordinators/engineers from
ACMV specialised contractor firms
• Assistant engineers/engineers from Building ESD consultant firms
• Other working adults who wish to acquire software skills used in ACMV designs, building automation control system and building
Minimum Entry Requirements
Applicants need to have a minimum diploma qualification in mechanical engineering, mechatronics, precision engineering, or industry engineering from recognized institutions.
Applicants with qualification in other engineering fields with 3 years of relevant working experience in ACMV/ cleanroom facility/ facility management/ ESD and building services industry will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements may be considered for admission to the course based on evidence of at least 5 years of relevant working experience or supporting evidence of competency readiness. Suitable applicants who are shortlisted
may have to go through an interview and/or entrance test. The Polytechnic reserves the right to shortlist and admit applicants.
The course consists of four modules conducted over two semesters within one academic year. Classes will be conducted in two evenings per week for 15 weeks each semester.
This course consists of 2 Post Diploma Certificates (PDCs). Each PDC will consist of two modules and the details are as follows:
PDC 1: Air Conditioning and Energy Sustainability
Module 1: Air Conditioning System
Module 2: Green Mark & Energy Sustainability
PDC 2: Energy Modeling and Management
Module 3: Integrated Building Management Systems
for Energy Efficiency
Module 4: Information & Energy Modeling of Facility
Please click here for Module Synopsis
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Upon completion of the two PDCs, the participant will be conferred a Specialist Diploma in Air-Conditioning & Energy Sustainability from Singapore Polytechnic.
Click here for Funding Incentives and Fees Matters
|SPECIALIST DIPLOMA IN AIR-CONDITIONING & ENERGY SUSTAINABILITY
|POST DIPLOMA CERTIFICATES (PDC)
||SINGAPORE CITIZENS BELOW THE AGE OF 40
||SINGAPORE CITIZENS AGED 40 AND ABOVE
||ENHANCED TRAINING SUPPORT FOR SME SCHEME (for SC)*
||ENHANCED TRAINING SUPPORT FOR SME SCHEME (for PR)*
||OTHERS / REPEAT STUDENTS
|Certificate in Air Conditioning and Energy Sustainability
|Certificate in Energy Modeling and Management
|Total Course Fees:
**PR- Permanent Residents
Other Fees Payable:
||PER SEMESTER (AFTER GST)
||SINGAPORE PR AND OTHERS
|Statutory Licence Fee (CLASS)
|Insurance Fee (GPA)
- The fees shown (inclusive of 7% GST) are indicative as they are based on prevailing funding policies and subject to review.
- Post-Diploma Certificate Fee is payable on a semester basis.
- Withdraw 2 weeks before semester commencement, 70% refund of paid course fee.
- Withdraw on or after date of semester commencement, no refund of paid course fee.
Please note that other fees paid are
Please click here for application procedure
Date of Course Commencement:
18 Oct 2021
* Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
2 evenings per week (6:00 pm - 10:00 pm)
240 hours (1 year)
PDC to start with: