BIM was identified as one of the key technology drivers by Building Control Authority (BCA])to improve productivity and level of integration across the various disciplines in the construction value chain. The School of Architecture and Built Environment (ABE) is pleased to introduce our new Specialist Diploma in Building Information Modelling Management (BIMM) to align to BCA’s mandate. This course is offered to participants who are keen to further their education in Building Information Modelling (BIM) knowledge as part of the journey in being a life-long learner. This course will equip participants with ability to facilitate or reinforce organisation’s BIM capabilities and deliver Building Projects using BIM platforms.
This course offers to Work-Study Programmes (WSP) participants and non-WSP participants.
This is a part-time evening course and it can be completed in a duration of one year.
Participants are required to bring computer Notebook when attending lessons, as you may need it to access the e-learning materials, writing reports, etc.
The Specialist Diploma in Building Information Modelling Management is designed to boost the level of expertise in Singapore and to deepen the skills and knowledge of participants of the WSP in BIM Management. This is achieved through institutional-based learning at SP and augmented by on-the-job training with participating employers in the building and construction industry.
This course is specially designed for Polytechnic graduates or equivalent, currently working in Architecture, Engineering and Construction Industry (AEC). It is also suitable for those who wish to acquire BIM Management knowledge and skillsets so as to prepare themselves for a career in a BIM Management environment.
Minimum Entry Requirements
The entry qualifications for the Specialist Diploma in Building Information Modelling Management are as follows:
1. Diploma or higher qualification holder in Architectural, Landscape Architectural, Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering or related diploma, with prior BIM software knowledge*, from any of the polytechnics in Singapore. Applicants with other equivalent qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
*Please attach a certification proof of completion of a BIM software course in your application for evaluation purpose:
a) BIM software includes Autodesk Revit, Graphisoft ArchiCad, Bentley Aecosim excludes Naviswork
b) Certification proof includes
- BIM Basic/Fundamentals or equivalent from SP, BCA Academy or other recognised institution/polytechnic, or
- at least with 1.5 - 2 years of working experience as BIM modellers in Architectural, Landscape Architectural, Civil, Electrical & Mechanical Engineering, or Contractor’s firm with letter of proof from company validating it.
2. For WSP applicant, he/she must be Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents and shall be an employee of a company participating in the WSP. The applicant shall be a graduate from Full-time Polytechnic Diploma/ ITE Technical Diploma/ ITE Technical Engineer Diploma/ ITE Work-Learn Technical Diploma within 5 years of graduation or within 5 years from his last day of National Service Operationally Ready Date (ORD). The list of eligible diplomas offered by local polytechnics are as follows:
Diploma in Architecture (SP)
Diploma in Civil Engineering with Business (SP)
Diploma in Electrical Engineering (NP)
Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (SP)
Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (TP)
Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (RP)
Diploma in Electrical Engineering with Eco-Design (NYP)
Diploma in Green Building Energy Management (RP)
Diploma in Integrated Facility Management (TP)
Diploma in Landscape Architecture (SP)
Diploma in Landscape Design & Horticulture (NP)
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (SP)
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (NP)
Diploma in Sustainable Architectural Design (NYP)
Diploma in Sustainable Urban Design & Engineering (NP)
The Specialist Diploma in Building Information Modelling Management will be conducted over one academic year, consisting of two academic semesters.
Each semester, trainees will take one Post-Diploma Certificate (PDC). Each PDC comprises three modules and the details are as follows:
Please click here for Module Synopsis
PDC 1 – Certificate in BIM Management (Fundamentals, Deployment & Coordination Strategies)
Module 1: BIM Fundamentals
Module 2: BIM Standards & Implementation Strategies
Module 3: BIM for Design Coordination & Documentation
PDC 2 – Certificate in BIM Management (QA, QS & Construction Coordination)
Module 1: BIM for Quality Assurance Checking, Design & Quantity Surveying Analysis
Module 2: BIM for Construction Planning & Coordination
Module 3: BIM Project
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Upon successfully acquiring the two PDCs, the participant will be conferred a Specialist Diploma in Building Information Modelling Management (BIMM) qualification from Singapore Polytechnic.
The Specialist Diploma in Building Information Modelling graduates who apply for SIT, Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering, could also be considered for exemption from selected module, subjected to them meeting certain minimum requirements, at SIT's discretion.
Click here for non-WSP application procedure
WSP Application Procedure
Please download and complete the WSP Participation Form and submit together with your resume.Academic Calendar
Date of Course Commencement:
20 Apr 2020
* Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
Mon and Wed (6:30 - 9:30 pm) - face to face class
Fri (6:30 - 9:30 pm ) - eLearning and there might be situation where students need to come in for lessons
255 hours (1 year)
PDC to start with:
For course specific details, please contact the course manager:
Name: Mr Chieu Yih Tsair