BIM was identified as one of the key technology drivers by Building Control Authority (BCA])to improve productivity and level of integration across the various disciplines in the construction value chain. The School of Architecture and Built Environment
(ABE) is pleased to introduce our new Specialist Diploma in Building Information Modelling Management (BIMM) to align to BCA’s mandate. This course is offered to participants who are keen to further their education in Building Information
Modelling (BIM) knowledge as part of the journey in being a life-long learner. This course will equip participants with ability to facilitate or reinforce organisation’s BIM capabilities and deliver Building Projects using BIM platforms.
This course offers to Work-Study Programmes (WSP) participants and non-WSP participants.
This is a part-time evening course and it can be completed in a duration of one year.
Participants are required to bring computer Notebook when attending lessons, as you may need it to access the e-learning materials, writing reports, etc.
The Specialist Diploma in Building Information Modelling Management is designed to boost the level of expertise in Singapore and to deepen the skills and knowledge of participants of the WSP in BIM Management. This is achieved through institutional-based
learning at SP and augmented by on-the-job training with participating employers in the building and construction industry.
This course is specially designed for Polytechnic graduates or equivalent, currently working in Architecture, Engineering and Construction Industry (AEC). It is also suitable for those who wish to acquire BIM Management
knowledge and skillsets so as to prepare themselves for a career in a BIM Management environment.
Minimum Entry Requirements
The minimum entry requirement for the Specialist Diploma in Building Information Modelling (BIM) Management is as follows:
- All applicants must hold at least a
- Diploma (Full-Time or Part-Time Polytechnic Diploma) from any Polytechnic/Higher Learning Institution in Singapore, or
- any higher qualification
in the following disciplines:
- Landscape Architecture
- Civil & Structure (C&S)
- Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing (MEP)
The Diplomas offered by the local Polytechnics, which are eligible for this application:
- Diploma in Architecture (SP)
- Diploma in Civil Engineering with Business (SP)
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering (NP)
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (SP)
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (TP)
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (RP)
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering with Eco-Design (NYP)
- Diploma in Green Building & Sustainability (TP)
- Diploma in Green Building Energy Management (RP)
- Diploma in Integrated Facility Management (TP)
- Diploma in Landscape Architecture (SP)
- Diploma in Landscape Design & Horticulture (NP)
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (SP)
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (NP)
- Diploma in Sustainable Architectural Design (NYP)
- Diploma in Sustainable Urban Design & Engineering (NP)
2.All applicants must have prior BIM software knowledge and skills relating to any of the BIM software listed below:
- Autodesk Revit or
- Graphisoft ArchiCad or
- Bentley Aecosim
This prior BIM knowledge and skills may be attained through:
- the applicant's Graduate Diploma or equivalent qualification, in any Core or Elective Module, or through
- attending any BIM Basic/Fundamental short courses from any Polytechnic or recognised institution e.g. BCA Academy, etc.
Applicants must provide a certification of proof for the above in their application.
3. For applicants who have attained their prior BIM knowledge and skills through work rather than through their Diploma, equivalent qualification or related short courses, they must:
- have worked at least a minimum of 1.5 years as a BIM Modeller or equivalent, in any Built Environment (architecture, Landscape Architecture, Civil & Structure or Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing) or Construction Industry, and
- provide a letter of proof from the said company validating the minimum working experience and years
Recognition of Prior Learning
Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements may be considered for admission to the course based on evidence of at least 5 years of relevant working experience or supporting evidence of competency
readiness. Suitable applicants who are shortlisted will have to go through an interview and/or entrance test. The Polytechnic reserves the right to shortlist and admit applicants.
4. For Work Study Programme (WSP) applicants, the student must be
- a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident, and
- an employee of a company participating in the WSP
The WSP student must be a graduate from Full-Time Polytechnic Diploma/ITE Technical Diploma/ITE Technical Engineering Diploma/ITE Work-Learn Technical Diploma within 36 months of graduation or 36 months from his ORD day in the army.
SP will evaluate individuals who have graduated for more than 36 months but within 5 years from the date of gradation or ORD, on a case-by-case basis.
The Specialist Diploma in Building Information Modelling Management will be conducted over one academic year, consisting of two academic semesters.
Each semester, trainees will take one Post-Diploma Certificate (PDC). Each PDC comprises three modules and the details are as follows:
Please click here for Module Synopsis
PDC 1 – Certificate in BIM Management (Fundamentals, Deployment & Coordination Strategies)
Module 1: BIM Fundamentals
Module 2: BIM Standards & Implementation Strategies
Module 3: BIM for Design
Coordination & Documentation
PDC 2 – Certificate in BIM Management (QA, QS & Construction Coordination)
Module 1: BIM for Quality Assurance Checking, Design & Quantity Surveying Analysis
Module 2: BIM for Construction Planning & Coordination
Module 3: BIM Project
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Upon successfully acquiring the two PDCs, the participant will be conferred a Specialist Diploma in Building Information Modelling Management (BIMM) qualification from Singapore Polytechnic.
The Specialist Diploma in Building Information Modelling graduates who apply for SIT, Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering, could also be considered for exemption from selected module, subjected to them meeting certain minimum requirements,
at SIT's discretion.
Participants who have completed the course with Certificate of Performance/ Certificate of Attendance will be awarded with 18 CPD points, subjected to the course duration and approval by Professional Engineers Board (PEB).
Click here for non-WSP application procedure
WSP Application Procedure
Please click here to submit the WSP Participation e-Form, and resume (if applicable).
Date of Course Commencement:
18 April 2022
* Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
Mon and Wed (6:30 - 9:30 pm) - face to face class
Fri (6:30 - 9:30 pm ) - eLearning and there might be situation where students need to come in for lessons
255 hours (1 year)
PDC to start with:
For course specific details, please contact the course manager:
Name: Mr Chieu Yih Tsair