8.30am to 5.30pm
Singapore Polytechnic, SCDF
A trainee successfully completing this course will, in the event of a fire on board a ship, be able to take command, organise the personnel effectively and control the fire-fighting operations using those techniques in which he has been trained. He will have also acquired knowledge of fire prevention and an ability to inspect and maintain the fire-extinguishing systems and equipment.
Competence 1 - Control of fire fighting operations onboard ship
Competence 2 - Organise and train fire parties
Competence 3 - Inspect and service fire detection and extinguishing equipment
Competence 4 - Investigate and compile reports on incidents involving fire
Candidates who aim to become a sea going officer onboard a ship.
Minimum Entry Requirements
Participants must possess a valid 'Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting Course' certificate or equivalent (under STCW Reg.VI/1), be physically and medically fit for strenuous activity and have good working knowledge of English.
For practical training at Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF), a medical certificate of fitness will be required.
Certificate of Proficiency (STCW 2010 VI/3 para 1)
$700 (Before GST)
$749 (After GST)
1. MCF Training Grant is available for eligible participants. Please refer to www.mpa.gov.sg/mcf for information.
2. SkillsFuture Credit (SFC); With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding. This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:
Online Courses - email@example.com
All other Courses - firstname.lastname@example.org
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
- There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
Eligible for SkillsFuture Credit
Terms and Conditions
23 to 27 September 2019
30 April to 6 September 2019
Registration may be closed once seats are filled up.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.