60 hours / 7.5 days
Mode of Training:
Classroom and Practical Sessions
This course aims to provide participants with an integral approach to parts and components machining. Topics include job planning, work holding, tool selection and advanced machining processes. Participants will also be provided with an introduction on multi-axis machine operations.
To provide participants with a working knowledge in advanced machining (5-axis) operations and dimensional tolerances analysis.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Import part models into CAM system
- Extract surfaces and create entities to support machining processes
- Apply suitable parameters on CNC machining processes
- Develop appropriate sequence of operations to produce precision parts
- Address the necessary workpiece setup required to meet GD&T specifications
- Analyse part tolerance and its allocation to the respective machining processes
- Create machining operations on parts with advanced surfaces
- Create machining operations on Multi-axis machines for precision components
• NC Part Programming and Work Holding on CNC machines
• Tolerances Analysis
• Achieving GD & T specifications
• Multi-Axis Machining operations
• Advanced Surface Machining Processes
Associate Engineer/Assistant Engineer
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Participants should have relevant experience in CNC machining & CAD/CAM Technology.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
1. SkillsFuture (SF) Series
Singaporeans and Singapore PRs are eligible for 70% course fee funding for registration with effect from 28 October 2017. This funding is applicable to both individual and company-sponsored participants. Participants are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and/or sit and pass any prescribed examinations/assessments or submit any course/project work (if any) under the course requirement.
Singaporeans aged 40 years and above will enjoy a 90% subsidy of course fee.
2. SkillsFuture Credit (SFC)**
"With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:
Online Courses - email@example.com
All other Courses - firstname.lastname@example.org
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.