10 - 11 September 2019
24 July - 1 September 2019
16 hours / 2 days
8am to 5pm
Mode of Training:
With the recent drive from the Government on increasing productivity of individual workers, emphasis has been put across the various industries to explore the possibilities of using drones to improve productivity. Some examples will be the use of drones for aerial photo/videography of aircraft inspection in a hangar, inspection on exterior of outdoor structures/buildings.
In addition, with the widespread usage of leisure drones, many individuals may also wish to upgrade themselves with a skillset that might value add to their resume, and in turn benefit the companies that they are working for with another dimension of productivity.
Since June 2015, Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) has implemented the rule that any individual who wishes to operate an Unmanned Aircraft (UA), or more popularly known as a drone, commercially will have to apply for a permit. This permit framework aims to mitigate risks to aviation and public safety, as well as security.
Therefore, this course aims to prepare individuals to be aware of the requirements of the UA Operator Permit (OP), either for their leisure or organisational needs.
To introduce participants to unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) technology, as well as impart basic knowledge on the skills required for the safe and effective use of these UAVs. Participants will also be trained on flying UAVs based on the requirements outlined to attain Operator’s Permit from CAAS.
• Appreciate the importance of operating unmanned aircraft safely
• Know the procedures to fly unmanned aircraft safely
• Understand the Dos and Don’ts when flying unmanned aircraft
• Know the categories of unmanned aircraft requiring permits to fly
• Understand the basic aerodynamic concepts and know the main components of an unmanned aerial vehicle or platform
• Understand the working principles of various sensors onboard an unmanned aerial vehicle or platform
• Know the basic maintenance routines and troubleshooting, and checks such as Pre-flight/Post-flight checks
• Hands-on session on UAV flying based on CAAS certification requirements
Participants interested in working on and/or flying unmanned aerial vehicles
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
1. Minimum Secondary School Education
2. Participants should have clear vision, with or without visual aids, and
3. Not suffering from any visual colour deficiencies.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.