18 - 19 September 2019
18 Mar to 18 Aug 2019
16 hours / 2 days
8.30am to 5.30pm, Wednesday and Thursday
Mode of Training:
This course is developed in accordance to the Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) requirements which are in line with the guidelines set out by the WSH Council on “Workplace Safety and Health Guidelines in Event Management”.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Explain the WSH framework relevant to events
• Specify the relevant WSH applicable legal and other requirements to be complied with for establishing the RM plan
• Discuss the roles and responsibilities of the principal, occupiers, employers and employees
• Form a Risk Management (RM) and Risk Assessment (RA) team
• Analyse routine and non-routine activities for events
• Conduct Risk Assessment for events
• Apply the appropriate methods to identify WSH hazards and impacts for events
• Assess the risks in terms of severity and likelihood
• Manage the risk assessment records used in risk assessment
• Introduction to the WSH framework
• Roles and responsibilities of principal, occupiers, employers and employees
• Types of hazards/How to implement control measures to mitigate risks
• Risk management definitions
• Understanding the WSH (Risk Management) Regulations Understanding the Code of Practice for Risk Management
• Briefing on how to fill up a RA form
• Conduct a Risk assessment given a case study
• Presentation of risk assessment results to the class
• Introduction to enhanced Risk management
• How to evaluate risks on health hazards? How does it affect the role of the human resource manager?
• Individual Assessment (Open book)
Operation Executive, Event Managers, Venue Operators, WSHOs.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
• Possess ES Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 4 or Secondary 2 education
• Have completed ES WSH or equivalent and/or
• Hold a WSH related appointment
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
• 16 SDU points will be awarded.
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit
balance to offset respective course fees.1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
1. SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) Approved
Singaporeans and Singapore PRs are eligible for 70% course fee funding for registration with effect from 28 October 2017. This funding is applicable to both individual and company-sponsored participants. Participants are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and/or sit and pass any prescribed examinations/assessments or submit any course/project work (if any) under the course requirement.
Singaporeans aged 40 years and above will enjoy a 90% subsidy of course fee.
Funding Validity Period: Till 31 December 2020
2. SkillsFuture Credit** (SFC)
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:
Online Courses - email@example.com
All other Courses - firstname.lastname@example.org
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pm
c) Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
s 500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.